Chapter 4 - accismus

The night was filled with tossing and turning and my mind replaying the scene again and again like a broken record. To the point where staring out the window as it lit the room in a midnight hue wasn't so boring. I groaned as the alarm clock annoyingly shrilled through my room. Forcibly I woke myself up hoping the needles of a cold shower could jolt my senses.

As I stepped out, my phone was continuously ringing. I ran over to the bedside nearly tripping over the platform that surrounded my bed.

"Hey..." a raspy voice greeted me.

"Um...hi? Who's this?" I asked.

"Who is this?" the voice asked again.

What? Who does this person thing he is?

"You called me. Who is this??" I countered.

"you know what...?" he asked quietly. "I'm sorry I never should have done this."

And with that the phone went dead leaving a long flat line in it's place.

...

By the time I was trying to process what has happening, the glare from my windows hit my eyes. My eyes flashed towards the alarm clock. 6:45. It's blinking dots mocking me as it flickered. Dammit school starts in fifteen minutes.

I quickly dressed into a long sleeved white blouse with a thin maroon sweater making sure the collar and ends of the sleeves of the blouse pops out. I threw on a pair of jeans and a long panda necklace. 

Who doesn't love pandas. 

And ran out of the house grabbing my schoolbag along the way.

School was pretty near so I normally walked but this time I ran. I know I know. Why was I worried if school was just a couple blocks down the road. Well, let me tell you this. First class of the day is Geometry. And don't get me wrong, it's one of my favourite classes but the thing is, I share this class with the jocks. No, they're not as popular or as famous as the bad boys but either way they are. And we all know what they do to us nerds.

So, since I would like to keep my face intact, I always reached school early and plopped myself down on my seat in front of Ms. Honey,- yes she's very sweet - and avoid any interaction with them in the hallways.

As I reached the school steps and pushed through the double glass doors, the hallways were full of students chatting and bickering but-thankfully-they weren't to be seen. Ok good. I slowed down my breathing not knowing it was frantic - no not because of the running - .

I turned the corner and Jake, Finn and Nash were at their lockers wearing their matching blue varsity jackets. Yes the badboys were on the team too but they didn't wear their varsity jackets 24/7. These guys want people to know that they were on the team.

"Hey guys look! If it isn't Trina." Jake said as he slapped the other two on their shoulders.

"It's Taylor." I rolled my eyes. 

They towered over me making me panic but of course, I stood my ground. I was used to it.

"What the fuck are you wearing?"

"Is that a panda?" he pointed at my necklace which I held self-consciously. 

"No, its a dog." I said sarcastically. 

My little retort seemed to enrage him. 

"Where's your friends?" he asked looking genuinely concern. 

"Um.." 

"Oh wait." He said in realisation as he slapped his forehead. "You don't have any. Who would be friends with you anyways?"