Chapter 28 - metanoia

Taylor's POV (past)

"Kiss Samantha." 

It took me a while to realise that 'Samantha' was referring to me. 

Before I knew it, Bryce stood up, gripped my waist and leaned in. His lips crashed into mine. 

Nothing. I felt nothing. 

But the gang started cheering so why not.

My arms found their way up his neck where they knotted in his dark brown tipped hair, pulling his face closer to mine, deepening the kiss. He seemed to have taken this as a sign of assurance as his hands gripped my sides tighter as our lips moved in sync. 

"Okay, guys get a room." Anderson yelled. 

I jumped back as Bryce chuckled before sitting back down, pulling my wrist with him. 

My cheeks weren't flushed, nor did my stomach harbour butterflies. But I leaned my head onto his shoulder because why not. 

The night was filled with shots of vodka and smoking of cigarettes, laughter that howled throughout the sky and music that broke the roof. Flashing lights hit the dance floor where people grinded their way into the night. 

We stepped onto the dance floor, the crowd allowing us to make our way into the centre where the main spotlight shone. 

Reece and Abby started grinding against each other and the other three found themselves completely different people. 

Half a bottle of vodka was held tight in my hands, I downed the bottle once more, welcoming the now familiar burning sensation in my throat that drowned out my thoughts. 

The beat got so fast that everyone just started jumping like we were in a most pit. 

"Wanna have real fun?" Bryce yelled over the music. 

"Whhattt." I heard myself slur. 

Everything was blurry and my jumping was uncontrollable. But I was in bliss. At least what I thought I was in. 

"CROWD SURF TIME!" Killian yelled at the top of his lungs when he heard Bryce.

In one instant, Bryce picked me up and I found myself staying there in the air. 

Palms of peoples' hands were holding me up in the air. 

"WHOO!" I yelled, raising the bottle of vodka before downing it, earning myself a cheer from the crowd. 

Blurry faces and slurred names. Sooner or later, almost everyone  got a chance to crowd surf. I downed the remaining of the vodka before everything turned black. 

-

When I came to, the throbbing in my head was unmistakable. I groaned as a hand pressed against my head. I was seated on a red couch on the balcony from the party. 

Instantly out of fear, I looked down and let out a sigh of relief when I saw my fully clothed body. 

The whole gang seemed to be fast asleep on the couches. Abby and Olivia lay on the couch, Bryce on another. Killian on the floor and Anderson upside down on the couch. I looked around for Reece. 

"Here." I jumped as a voice sounded behind me. 

My head whipped around only to cause it more pain. Reece's palm was out, in it she held two small white tablets. 

"What are those?" I groaned. 

She looked at me skeptically. 

"Aspirins." he smirked. 

Without even thinking I grabbed it before swallowing them.  

"So Samantha." Reece took a seat next to Abby's legs. "Where are you from?"

"What is this a job interview?" I joked, massaging my temples. 

How is he used to this. 

He chuckled before reaching into his boot. 

To my surprise, he pulled out a short dagger with an 'a' engraved into the hilt. He pointed it at me.

Fear started filling my paranoid mind. So this is how its gonna end. 

He laughed at my expression. "I'm not going to kill you, chill out." 

Instead, he flipped the dagger, pointing the hilt towards me motioning for me to take it. He pointed at the nearby dart board on the wall. 

"Throw it." 

"Why."

"Just do it." 

This was impossible. I threw it measly as it didn't even reach the board, its clatter thundering through the house. 

I cringed at the sound, looking around for anyone to be awake.

"Try again." he said fiercely. 

I was just about to ask 'why' again but his death glare warned me not to. 

Trying to control the throbbing in my head, I picked up the dagger in my fist, it's blade heavy and unbalanced in my hands as I aimed the dagger at the board.

"Focus all your anger onto the bullseye. Remember every single blasted thing anyone has ever done to you. Imagine all that rage slowly travelling throughout your body and into your hand."

As if like magic, my grip on the hilt grew tighter. 

"Know that those things they did to you was because you deserved it. You took it all in. Recall everything that you wish had never happened to you. Remember every single moment in which you wished you could have killed Karma for not being fair." 

Throw. 

Before I knew it, the hilt was no longer in my hand. The point of the dagger hit directly on the red dot in the middle of the circular green and black board.

"Bullseye." he whispered. "I knew you had it in you Sam...-my." he added. 

Hm. 

-

The school bell signalled the end of school. 

As I made my way to the parking lot, the gang was standing near one of their pick up trucks expectantly. 

"Get in Sammy." Bryce said. 

"Um..why?" I asked skeptical. 

"Its a surprise." Bryce smiled as they started boarding it. 

They took me to an alley where a huge iconic 'a' was painted with black paint. What is with them and this 'a' thing. 

They stood in a row facing me. 

Reece stepped up. 

"Samantha Thomas, would you be willing to join The Anonymous?" 

metanoia (n.) the journey of changing one's mind, heart, self or way of life. 

Hey guys! I know it may be extremely confusing for now, but trust me theres way more to be uncovered, it'll all make sense in the end. 

Triple Update !

Thanks for reading! Comment and vote! I really want to know what you guys think so please do!!!! 

xoxo

CreXenT