Chapter 14 - acatalepsy

Brad's POV

"How are you kid?" 

My dad's voice boomed through the walls from downstairs. 

"I'm good Dad." Blake's voice replied.

Blake was always Dad's favourite. 

"Where have you been? How was the gap year?" 

Gap year my ass.

"Good, Dad, good." 

I could just hear the sound of Dad slapping him on the back. 

"What did you do?" Dad asked curiously.

This should be good.

"Well, I went to other towns, went road-tripping, even drove past the Grand Canyon." 

I rolled my eyes. Pure bullshit right there. He was never at the Grand effing Canyon, he was in New York with his gang. 

"That's great son, where you headed to now?" 

By the time he said this I was halfway down the stairs to see Blake in his signature black tee and jacket. 

When he saw me his expression darkened before turning back to Dad with a huge smile on his face. 

Fuck. Somethings wrong.

"Just thought of spending time with my little bro." Blake said walking towards me and ruffling my hair. 

Something is DEFINITELY wrong.

"Okay, you boys have fun." and with that Dad went back to his study, coffee cup in hand.

The moment he left the room Blake swivelled around to face me, his grin gone and his brows furrowed in a frown. 

"Grab your jacket." he said fiercely. "GO!" 

His voice boomed making me run up the stairs grabbing the tweed jacket on the floor. 

"No, fuck that." Blake yelled in disgust at the sight before rummaging through my closet. 

A black leather jacket similar to his was thrown into my hands before i expertly caught it. 

"It's thicker." he stated. 

I stood there not knowing what to say. Half panicking half confused.

"WHAT THE FUCK DUDE, GO!" Blake yelled.

"TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON!" 

"ITS TAYLOR DUMBASS!" 

My heart sank. No. Beads of sweat started forming on my forehead. My knees locked. 

"What happened?" 

"I'll explain in the car, could you just quick?" He boomed halfway through the doorway obviously annoyed. 

Knowing what was at stake I followed suit. 

His footsteps echoed through the house and I found my feet taking me faster than him, faster than ever. 

Before I knew it I reached the car and started urging Blake to unlock the door. 

"QUICK QUICK PLEASE!" My eyes started to water, my palm kept tapping the top of the black Porsche. 

Blake threw me the car keys before getting in the passenger seat. 

The moment the engine revved, the car was out of the driveway.

"Where?" I urged.

"The warehouse near the old playground you used to play in." Blake said firmly.