Chapter 16 - vemödalen (mini-chapter)

Two weeks later.

Brad's POV

"I don't think there's anything to do Brad." 

The last words she said has been haunting me ever since.

Rumours already spread across the school about what happened but never the whole story.

"I heard she was kidnapped." 

"You know Brad was part of it."

"Part of the kidnappers?"

"What happened to her?" 

"She died?" 

"Who kidnapped her?"

Ray disappeared after that.  Some said he transferred school, some who knew more about the event said he went to juvenile prison. Either way, we never saw his face again. 

Neither did I see Taylor's.

The doctor instructed her to stay in the hospital until the cast can come off. She doesn't let me visit her. Obviously. Even if I sneak in from the window every night. I've became familiar with the rusty pipe that leads to her window sill. Sometimes the window is locked. So all I can do is see her through dirty glass.

Sometimes I come just in time to see her eyelids flutter close. After about a week, the brace on her neck has gone off. She can eat easily now. Sometime I see her laughing with her mother. Sometimes I see her bed covered in magazines with Ashlynn by her side. Every now and then I see Blake bringing her a fruit basket. He should know by now that she doesn't like oranges. 

Once I came twice in one night. At 3AM. 

She was sat up right, her head in her hands. Her back was moving up and down like rapid breathing. She was crying. I can't be conceited enough to say it was because of me. 

Last night, I went to her window and saw her parents signing papers on a clipboard. Smiles on their face while a nurse clipped off there hospital tag on her arm. Her cast was gone. She was in regular clothes. I wouldn't say she was smiling. It was more of a mix of satisfaction and courage. 

It's been two weeks. Today would be the day she comes back to school. 

I entered the school halls alone to see Colin, Hayes and Dylan waiting for me at my locker. After exchanging fist bumps. I caught Ashlynn's red hair as she turned the corner. 

"Ashlynn hold up!" 

She turned around and looked confused. That confusion was quickly replaced with frowns.

"What?" she asked annoyed.

"Is Taylor out of the hospital yet?" I knew well that she was. 

"Yeah." she said rolling her eyes.

"Um..and?" 

Her eyes welled with tears while her brows furrowed into a frown. Split second. She looked enraged.

"TAY IS GONE AND ITS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU." 

--

vemödalen (n.) the fear that everything has already been done.  

--

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading. To make up for the long await here's a double upload. I hope you guys like these chapters. Do comment! Vote if you want to. I really ant to know what you all think. Thank you all so much for reading again. 

xoxo