Chapter 32 - psithurism

Taylor's POV

I didn't know what was going to happen next. And I do not know what is going to happen now. All I know is, Reece will pay. 

-

When Mom decided what I needed was a doctor, I started trying to understand him instead of the other way around. Skipping school was a breeze and who needs sleep anyways? 

"Tell my mom I have psychogenic amnesia." Yes. I did my research. 

"Taylor dear, I can't give you a false diagnosis." he said in a tone he used to talk to children. 

But I wasn't a child. I held out my phone. 

"Isn't this you exiting Motel 21 with a woman who I'm pretty sure isn't Susan, your wife whose in that picture over there on your table." I pointed towards the picture of him and a woman who was actually his age. 

It was their wedding photo. Their eyes looked into each other's as if the world deteriorated around them and they were all thats left. Look what happened now. 

Dr. Leon was dumbfounded, his jaw hung open and his eyes filled with guilt. 

"It's 3PM," I pointed at the clock. "Susan's going to be outside this door in 5,4,3,-" 

"Okay okay put that away please!" he rushed to grab the phone but my senses were swift enough. 

If The Anonymous thought me anything it was to be swift and that counting down naturally made people nervous. 

"Dr. Leon, your wife's outside." The kind receptionist piped before knocking on the door. 

He looked over, a bead of sweat dripping down his forehead. He looked over at me before I smiled innocently. 

"Tell her I'll be out in a minute." 

"It was a dare alright Kill?" Liv stated in a 'duh' voice. 

"I don't care it was over the top embarrassing." he shunned. 

We were all sitting in a circle in Reece's room and Killian had just ran down the street singing the Big Bang Theory theme song. 

"At least you were brave enough to do it." I piped, half a shun to Reece. 

Reece and Abby exchanged nervous glances. 

"Alright Reece, your turn, truth or dare." Bryce said as he casually placed his arm on shoulders. 

I found my head leaning in. Maybe if I didn't look up at his face or think about how different his voice wave is, maybe just maybe, it could feel like Brad was here again. 

"Dare." Reece shrugged. As usual. 

"I dare you to pick truth." I said in a monotone. 

Silence.

" I think you just broke the system." Anderson said with an amused look on his face. 

Reece's hardened jaw suggested he knew what I was up to. All eyes were on me. 

"How old were you when you fired your first bullet?" I smiled, adding an innocent giggle as if I was actually interested in knowing. Almost as if I admired his 'skills'. 

From the corner of my eye, I could see his shoulders lower at a small sigh of relief. 

"13" he snickered proudly. 

"Sammy, truth or dare?" Abby piped trying to lighten the mood. 

The word of 'truth' nearly escaped my tongue. "Dare"