Chapter 7: Trust

It was 9:00 and Beth was ready to go to the party. She went to Metro's today and found a red short dress with tan heels and her hair in a high ponytail. She applied mascara blush and red lip stick before she made her way down stairs. Beth honey were are you going Hershel said coming out of his room and towards Beth. My friend asked me did I wanna go to this sushi place downtown beth said hoping her father doesn't see through her lie

"Beth honey you know your a bad liar where are you going" Hershel said with crossed arms

Beth sighed I'm going to a party at my friend Amy's house.

Beth you know how i feel about party's, there reckless, people not caring about anything, breaking things as long as its not there's,

Daddy its not even like that Beth sighed

IT IS, AND I DONT WANT YOU GOING Hershel raised his voice.

Beth just looked at him with big eyes she's never seen him like this before all worked up and stuff.

Hershel sighed Beth honey you and Maggie are the most best things that has ever happen to me I just want you safe baby girl Hershel said putting his hands on each side of his daughters face.

Beth covered his hands with hers, I know dad I'll be careful I promise, I'll spend the night with Tara so I won't have to drive home late, okay beth said looking into her fathers eyes.

Okay he said giving beth a hug

have fun sweetheart and stay safe Hershel said giving his daughter a kiss on the head before she went the kitchen to get an apple.

She was met with Daryl fixing the garbage disposal, "I doubt that one will work how bout you pound it back to life" beth said with a smile going to the bowl with the apples in them. Daryl looked up at beth and grinned, only certain things needs pounding baby Daryl said gruffly and soon Daryl realized he called her baby. Beth looked at him wide eyed did he call me baby she kept thinking to herself, but Daryl looked alright with it so she didn't wanna make a big deal out if it. What kinda handy man are you beth said with a smile taking a bite of her apple.

One Of A Kind he said turning his attention back to the disposal. Not focusing Daryl made a mistake and and turned the wrong pipe making water spray out and wet all his shirt. He quickly turned it back and sighed. Its alright I can get you another one beth said leaving for a few minutes and came back with flannel shirt.

Here you go it was my brother's, I'll pop this one in the dryer, she handed him the flannel and with no warning he took his shirt off. Beth couldn't help but look he was just so muscular and it was no surprise he had a six pack and his Georgia tan skin. Beth licked her lips and felt herself getting hot all of sudden. Beth felt his eyes on her and she looked down. i-im g-gonna go put this in the...beth walked away from him and too the dryer, jimmy had abs but Daryl had more.

There was no denying it beth was definitely attracted to Daryl.
After a minute or two Daryl's shirt dried and she went back into the kitchen "here you go" she said handing him the shirt. He began to take off the shirt she gave him until beth said he could have it. Daryl a voice called from the the porch and it sounded like Hershel and both of the blue eyes looked up. Daryl made his way to the porch and headed over to Hershel. What's up Hershel Daryl said sitting in the rocking chair beside his.

"I know you think your just our handy man, but to me your a big helping hand and I welcome you into our family, and I know this isn't your job but, Beth say she's going to this party and I need for you to make sure she gets there safely and back to her friends house safely. I know its a lot to ask but I'll make sure I'll put a bonus on your check. Nahh that's alright Daryl said standing up. I insist Hershel said. alright I'll do it but I Dont know where's this party is. Just follow her, Just make sure she doesn't see you she'll want to know why your following her then she'll think I don't trust her . Alright I get it Daryl nodded and made his way to his brothers truck.

Beth finished up her apple and thought it was time for her to go, she grabbed her keys and jacket and headed outside.

Alright daddy I'm leaving beth said going to her father and giving him kiss on the cheek. "Alright honey see you tomorrow Hershel said. "See you tomorrow" beth waved at her father as she got in her jeep and drove down the dirt path, Having no idea Daryl was one or a two yards away.