Chapter 16 : Hurtful Words

.Don't start song yet.

( Beth Pov )

After all the veggies were done and chopped. Maggie an I decided to wash after cutting all the onions.

I hopped in the shower and had a long wash , washing my hair with my favorite banana shampoo, before rinsing it and washing the rest of myself.

I looked in my closet and picked out a white sun dress since it was such a beautiful day, slipping it on after curling my hair in big cute curls. I chose only mascara and eyeliner for make up before slipping on my cowgirl boots.

Going down the stairs i heard .....

" THERE BACK "

I smiled immediately and quickly ran down the rest of the stairs an onto the porch.

I watched as Daryl and Glenn carried the deer into the shed, before being released from there duties, making there way onto the porch , I looked down sadly as Maggie jumped into Glenn's arms kissing him rapidly and only wished i could do that to Daryl without being somewhere secluded.

My eyes shot down to my hand that was softly being held by Daryl, my eyes grew big as he closed in the space between us , and for a second i thought he was gonna kiss me but i wasn't that lucky, he softly whispered in my ear.

" Don't worry we won't have to hide this much longer "

I raised an eyebrow at him, a bit confused on what he was saying.

Daryl sighed before pulling me aside for no one else can hear.

" I'm gonna tell your father, he needs to know "

I shook my head frantically.

" No, it isn't time yet he'll freak"

" So what let em, you having second thoughts or something?"

" No no, of course not, I want you and only you"

" Then we'll announce it during dinner" Daryl said before walking inside.

• • •

Soon after, dinner was done and the smell of deer stew and pie lingered the air smelling damn near amazing.

Rick, lori, Carl and baby Judith had arrived short after.

But My mind was focused on what was gonna happen in half an hour, My father likes Daryl, doesn't he? . then he shouldn't be pissed. Right?.

I jumped slightly as a hand touched my shoulder, i looked up to see Maggie.

" Dinners ready Hun "

I nodded before getting up off the couch.

Everyone took there seats and I made sure to sit beside Daryl because I wanted to be beside him when we announce it . Daryl must have picked up on my nervous state because I felt his hand begin to rub my expose thigh soothingly, I smiled lightly before moving my hand over his. My father began the grace and we all bowed our heads, I could feel my heart pace start to pick up, that's when a soft voice spoke in my ear.