Chapter 6 - First Day

K A S H ' M E R E

This is the thing with schools that I don't like: crowds, crews, gossiping, fighting, petty bitches, thirsty niqq'hs and the list goes on. I was entirely not in the mood this morning. Kristine had to constantly be reassuring me that it was going to be okay. Kai had to drag me out the house to get here. I was walking through these hallways and I felt... not how I would like to feel.

"Stop being so glum and loosen up a bit. Don't look like a sad target," Kristine said.

"I don't like being in crowds and they are all brushing against me!" I elbowed a boy that bounced past me.

"Hey shawty!" He exclaimed.

I turned around and looked up at him.

"What?" I snapped, challenging him.

Kristine dragged my arms to pull me away. I don't give a f'k about anyone here. They were all playing with my last nerve.

"Gosh! You are so tempered. I have to constantly make sure you don't get into anything here." She let out a heavy sigh.

We turned onto a less crowded hall and I was grateful.

"So, our first class is Math, then we have third period together, which is English. We only have two classes together today so try and be good. Now let's get to Math." Kristine instructed.

I groaned.

"I hate Math." I whined.

Kristine laughed.

"Who doesn't?"

---

"Students, Happy New Year and today we are gonna do revision," Mr. Cromwell stated.

Revision on? I don't even know what the hell these kids have been learning. Why would he even do that to them on the first day back? Doesn't he know there is  new kid, that being me, in his classroom?

Kristine sensed my uneasiness and gave me a reassuring look. I sank in my seat.

"Um, excuse sir?" Kristine voiced.

Mr. Cromwell gave her a look to speak.

"Um, my sister here is new so she would like to catch up on some things,"

"Who is your sister?"

"Here. Kash'mere Gold." She pointed at me.

"Oh yes, Miss Gold-"

"Kash'mere." I quickly said.

I promise that just came out. I didn't like when people called me "Miss", it made me feel old and it was always a reflex reply to correct anyone who did.

"Pardon?" Sir looked at me over his glasses.

"Please call me Kash'mere," I said with much politeness I could muster.

"Well, Miss Gold, do this revision exercise and we will see where you are with us."

F'k you.

He handed out the exercise and luckily, it was filled with what I already knew. I rushed through it and leaned back, watching every one work. I don't know what is taking them so long but it's either I did something wrong or something right.

Mr. Cromwell finally collected the papers and he specifically looked at mine first. He paused and looked at me.

"Which school did you use to attend, Miss Gold?" He asked.