Chapter 12- Cramps

▪︎~~~~~▪︎
K A S H ' M E R E

"Ty, you are distracting him!" I snapped.

"Bu-bu-but..." Ty stuttered.

"But nothing. I need to get this correct and one of us is about to snap your neck," Tre'mayne voiced.

"Exactly," I snapped again.

"Well since I am unappreciated, let me leave!" Ty sassed, flipping his non existent hair.

Tre'mayne and I chuckled. He's so dramatic.

"Okay so do I have to explain it again?" I asked.

"Um, no. Let me do it and let's see if I really understand," Tre'mayne replied.

"You better understand. I spent the last hour trying to explain and Ty wasn't helping." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh nag nag, shut up. Let me just do this and see if you Missy have to explain again. " He rolled his eyes too.

We are getting along, aren't we?

A long story short, Kai agreed to keep the kids, save for Nasir. He agreed to let them stay with him up till exams. I appreciated it. I could have some free moments to breathe.

Tre'mayne's aunt came through and for now I am working on weekends but after exams, I will be working after school. So, I have to tutor Tre'mayne and let me say, he really does suck at Math.

He finished the question and showed me.

"Oh thank God Jesus! You got it right!" I exclaimed.

"I did?" He asked, genuinely surprised.

"Yes you did. See that wasn't hard right?" I asked.

"No, it surprisingly wasn't. This is way easier from what that good for nothing tutor claimed to be teaching," He replied.

I chuckled.

"You were paying?" I asked.

"Yes! Waste of money. Thanks to you I won't have to be dealing with that anymore though," He said then studied me for a bit, "How comes you haven't been at school for years and still smarter than an average student. "

"I left school in grade nine? I think. I was always ahead in school because I was the type to read ahead, study and do online tests that kept me on my toes. I liked to challenge myself. When I left, I still did those things. I met Kai when I was fifteen, he helped me and I was kind of home schooled up until I had the twins," I stopped talking and took a huge breath, " Yea and um, when the kids were of a good age, I started working and I still did the reading and online tests. Kai would help and it was that way up until now."

Tre'mayne smiled a bit. It wasn't a big smile but it was still rare and I appreciated it.

"There's more to that story huh? You been through a lot for someone this age," He commented.

"Yea, you can say that. I am not entirely comfortable talking about it because it is like reliving the moments which I don't want," I said, falling into silence.

I stared at him and he returned the favor. I cleared my throat to break the trance.

"So um, since you understand you think you can do three more?"

Tre'mayne escaped his daze.

"Um yea." I gave him the three questions.

I waited on him to finish and when he did, I was so happy. He got everything correct.