Chapter 7 - How Can I Trust You?

" Friendship isn't about who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said: I'm here for you, and proved it."

▪︎~~~~~▪︎
K A S H ' M E R E

"Why don't you like my best friend Ty?" I asked.

It's been a week since I started the school. It's okay, I guess.

Now, I am at my house with Ty on this Friday night. He stopped playing with Haven and looked at me.

"I thought I was your best friend." He pouted.

"That's what you are thinking." I laughed, "Nah but seriously why don't you like Kristine?"

"She is a bitch." 

My eyes widened at the sudden drag. Ty saw my surprised look and shook his head.

"We were once together, and she cheated. I was angry as I should be. I forgave her that first time but she cheated again. I found out after an argument we had and she yelled in the hallway that I had an STD. I didn't but I thought I did and she was the only one I was with. You can imagine how the whole school reacted to her outburst. So, I didn't talk to her for a while but then despite everything, I decided to visit her.  I went and her mom let me in, I went up to her room and saw a dude that I couldn't stand, all up on her." Ty set Haven properly on his lap, she was sleeping.

I told him to hold on and took Haven to her room. I came back, after ordering a box of pizza.

"So she was annoying, trying to get back with me. After, she kept coming up into my face at school, one time I almost lost it and forgot she was a girl yo..." Ty said, seeming to be aggravated all over again.

T Y

As I told Kash'mere about Kristine and I's past situation, I was bothered all over again.

"You almost hit her?" Kash'mere asked.

"Yea, let me tell you about the day..."

I came to school, not in a good mood because I was feeling sick, decked in sweats. I was silent through most of the day because of my sore throat, until lunch time...

"Ty!" I looked around to see Kristine and her girls.

I smacked my teeth and the rest of the boys groaned. We all were getting sick of her presence.

"What?" I snapped and coughed.

"Don't come snapping at me! I need to let you know I don't need you. You think you're scary and all that but you ain't!"

Now at this point, I was beyond confused.

"Okay? Am I supposed to say sumn' because I am confused," I said.

She then pushed me, acting crazy.

"You a low down dirty ass niqq'h! How was I even in a relationship with you?!" She pointed at me.

I pushed her finger away from my face.

"Stop putting your damn finger in my face!"