Chapter 31- Enemies/Love?

︎~~~~▪︎

T Y R E L L

I saw Kash'mere throughout the day. She made eye contact if I happened to be in the same room with her, otherwise, she just stayed out of my way. I knew she was scared of me especially from what she saw last night. Right now, she sat at the lunch table with Tre'mayne and Jordane. She was laughing and honestly, I found her so beautiful. Right now, I wish I had met her on totally different levels but I had to keep up an impression.

"Yo, do you not hear me talking to you?" Sevyn, one of my close friends, asked.

I diverted my attention to her.

"What?"

"Who the hell got your attention like that?" She looked over her shoulders and her eyes landed on Kash'mere.

She rolled her eyes.

"That stripping hoe. Stay far from that one."

She strips? Isn't she a bit too young for that shit?

"She strips? How old is she?" I asked.

"She used to. She even got kids. Bruh, you don't want to be in that mess. I don't know her exact age but she's in our year so do the math," Sevyn replied.

Something happened there.

T R E ' M A Y N E

We were in English class. The last class for the year and Kash'mere was basically sleeping. She was so over it. Ty and Tyrell were watching her. I understood Ty but what was Tyrell's problem?

"Yo Kash'mere, get yo butt up." Our teacher pushed her to wake up.

He came around the same time Kash'mere started school here. He is quite young and so he & Kash'mere created a bond.

"Bruh." Kash'mere waved him off.

I chuckled.

"Kash'mere, come on man." He hit the table over and over until she finally got up, mumbling curse words under her breath.

She tied up her thick curly hair, glaring at Mr. Logan.

"You ready to fight." He squared up, lightly punching Kash'mere.

"Bruh, I will hurt you. Leave me alone." She whined.

"So class, I have a small project for you guys to do and bring back to me in January. It's not anything hard and I for one don't know why they gave an English teacher to do this or even why we're doing this overall but they are paying me so I don't question stuff..." That drew small laughs around the room.

"Anyway, there are four words: love, family, friends, and enemies," He took out a paper and started reading from it, " Each pair is assigned a word and should state what the word means to them in just one paragraph and give an experience, of the word assigned, that has happened with your partner, if not, each person should give an experience of the word assigned. Pairs will be determined by your teacher."

"Why can't we choose our own partner?"

"That's all you're concerned about? I want you guys to build relationships among yourself and experience things outside of what you are comfortable with. It's your last year here, enjoy the thrill. Also, I have been observing you guys for a while so I know who to put in pairs and who not to." Mr. Logan opened his register, going down listing out pairs.

"... Tre'mayne and Kendra-Love, Kash'mere and Tyrell- Enemies and Ty and Sevyn- Friendship."

Hol' up.

"Each person is to give their view on what the word assigned means to them. Have fun and be creative. This is to be presented in the first session of Interaction Day. This could be the easiest A in English for you guys. Now go to your pairs and get info you need."

K A S H ' M E R E

I got up and went beside Tyrell, annoyed. I sat in silence.

"Aren't you gonna say some shit?" Tyrell asked.

I kept my damn mouth shut.

"Yo, I can't work with you like this so it's either you speak or we just call this off and we just do our own thing. I ain't bout to try and break down no damn wall for you," He said

I raised a brow at him.

"For a girl who has a lot of mouth and attitude-" I cut him off.

"Shut up. I'm tired and I don't have a lot of mouth. I just don't deal with bullshit and all you come with is just that. I also don't think this is a good idea to work with you, I don't want to be anywhere around you but as Logan said, this could be an easy A for us and that's all I'm working with right now," I said.

Tyrell seemed taken back but composed himself.

"Okay then, shit. Put yo' number in my phone and give me your phone." I took out my phone, unlocked it and gave him as I took his.

"Damn, you and Tre'mayne a thing thing?" He seemed disappointed but then covered it with a blank expression.

"Yea. I thought you knew since everyone seems to know everything about my life."

"No I didn't."

"Well now you do. Text me when you're free."

"Well which week is best for you?" Tyrell grinned.

I don't think this is a good idea, with all that is going on with Tre'mayne. Mr. Logan doesn't know he in the run to end some lives.

"Whenever you're free, I'm good but if nothing comes up, just know that is subject to change," I said.

"We'll see about that babe."

"Don't call me that."

︎~~~~▪︎