Chapter 52- The End.

▪︎~~~~~~▪︎
T Y R E L L

After Kash'mere's blow up, no one saw her for the rest of the day. It was more than likely that she went home. I decided I was gonna check on her after school. Sevyn did some messed up shit and she deserved what she got for it. I do not know where or how she got those pictures but it was really immature of her when Kash'mere did not do anything to her. 

I knocked on the door and waited a while until a tall male figure opened the door. He gave me an intense stare. It was Nasir.

"Um is Kash'mere here?" I asked.

"Yea she's in her room, what do you want from her?" he asked.

"I need to talk to her," I replied.

He stared me down some more. He is always staring down on somebody with his tall ass. 

"KASH'MERE!" He yelled.

"Why are you yelling my name like that?!" she yelled back with her loud ass mouth.

She came into view.  She rolled her eyes and I mocked her. She smacked her lips and came outside to me, closing the door behind her. We sat in the chairs.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"No I never was okay, I thought I was but I am not," She replied.

"I heard about Haven and your dad. I don't even know what to say to you," I said.

"It's okay. Things happen everyday. This is just one of the worse. I'm good though."

I smiled in admiration.

"Look about Sevyn... I'm sorry. I didn't tell her your story, I did not at all. I don't know how she pulled off what she did today but..."

"I'm so used to these girls messing with me, it isn't even surprising anymore. All I have is rage for them, honestly. What has me upset at you..."

She poked my chest, I grabbed her finger and she proceeded to still poke my chest with her finger trapped,

"... is that, I told you about Sevyn. I told you she was a crazy little girl who is very possessive and jealous and that she was gonna do sumn'. Now, yes she did something to me but you should watch your back. She needs your attention and she's not gonna stop until she gets it."

"Yes I should've listened. I know she is crazy but we've known each other for the longest," I said.

She had long removed her finger from its trap and now used her sock clothed feet to push at my chest. She was such a child.

"Sometimes you have got to let go. If you realize someone is toxic, stop holding on to them. I am not telling you right now to end your friendship with Sevyn or friendship with benefits..." She rolled her eyes, resting her foot in my lap.

"What are you doing then?" I asked.

"I am just saying in general when something's toxic in your life remove it, whether mentally, emotionally or physically. You have got to remove it. That's all I am saying," She said.

"Okay, so I don't know if your macho man is gonna pull up soon but I should leave. I just came to check on you and you seem fine so I should leave. I don't want no problems with him today," I said.

She laughed.

"You don't have to worry about that situation or him. I only followed what he said just for his sanity that is needed for the sake of our relationship but I really don't care anymore. Tre'mayne is a next issue, I'm a probably have to let go. Kash'mere is not equipped for relationships right now."

The Kash'mere that she once showed, sweet and kind, was now mostly gone and the real Kash'mere that she was trying to not let people see, savage, was here in full force. I like it.

"Are you really breaking up with him?" I asked, surprised.

"Yep, if he allows me to." She laughed.

I laughed.

"Exactly."

"This is gonna be so cringe, but it's not him, it's me. I just wanna do me, be by myself. I don't wanna be attached to nobody or catering to anyone's feelings except mine and my family. I want to feel how I felt before I met any one of you and all this shit started. We're still gonna be friends, all of us, but just nothing more." She looked at me as if trying to see if I understood.

"Yea I get you. That's real cool with me. The problem is will it be cool with Tre'mayne?" I stood up, "Find out in this week's episode of the Ash Chronicles!"

She rolled her eyes and got up. I pulled her in a hug.

"Thanks for checking up on me. I'll text you later or sumn'."

"Yep later Ash. Good luck with your mans."

___

K A S H '  M E R E

I should be nervous but the level of don't care that I have reached is so far up the scale.

Tre'mayne was coming over in five minutes. I just want to give myself a break and a relationship is not going to give me that break. I do not want to tell him to give me a break while I sort my life out, that's all false hope for him. Things can change, things may happen so it's best to end things.

I sat eating cupcakes, Leanne baked for me. I love her so much. I barely see her but she's my actual best friend no doubt.

The door knocked. I knew who it was.

"Come in!" I yelled.

Tre'mayne walked in and gave me a small smile when he saw me.

"Hey babe, you okay?" He gave me a hug.

"Yep I am. How about you?" I asked.

He gave me a look.

"Yea, was worried about you but you seem quite fine..." He looked at me then his eyes landed on the cupcakes, "oh, makes sense. "

I laughed. The cupcakes really did put me in a real good spirit.

"Anyway in all seriousness, I have got to talk to you about our relationship."

"What about it?" he asked.

"I just can't do it. I've reached this part of my life where a relationship just isn't in it. I want to go back to how it was before. We'll still be friends if you don't catch a bitch fit but right now, just no. I was not cut from the cloth of love," I said.

Tre'mayne chuckled and shook his head.

"You think it would be that easy to just let you go after all we have been through. How many times have I told you, you're not going anywhere?"

I gave him a ridiculous look.

"I know all we've been through. I'm not going anywhere, I'm taking a step outside of this relationship. We'll still be friends, nothing will change minus the intimacy. Just Tre'mayne, I'm not gonna string you along and say let's take a break or give me some time, things can happen. I care about you and I won't dare mess with your life like that, I won't let you hold on to something that might not work out. Come on, just understand." I pleaded.

He sighed.

"Okay. Okay. This does not sit right with me but it seems that it is something you really want. I told you we're bestfriends above all, right? I'll step into that roll and try to understand where you are coming from. Do you Kash'mere."

I sighed in relief. I thought I was about to face a hurricane when I told him this.

"Just know it is not that I fell out of love with you or anything, it's just that life slapped me in the face. We're still young and there are many opportunities out there for us."

"I know Kash." He took one of my cupcakes and turned on the TV.

We sat there and watched reruns of Martin till we fell asleep. Nothing different.

▪︎~~~~~~▪︎