Chapter 49- Care

●○

Tyrell was waiting outside the bathroom again.

"Hey, Ash. I know I said that we should cut our friendship completely but I just wanted to know if you were okay? I saw you all angry and you sat away from everyone," Tyrell said.

"I'm gonna be okay. It's just that you are the highlight of my relationship right now and otherwise from wanting to stab Tre'mayne in his face, I'm good," Kash'mere said.

"Whatchu' mean I am the highlight?" Tyrell asked.

"Tre'mayne has a serious problem with you which you already know. It blew up the other day and I- all I do is just care about you and I'm trying to defend you but battling with his feelings and I just can't." Kash'mere replied.

"I'm basically coming between you guys. I knew this would happen. Shit. I don't want to be the highlight of y'all relationship. Thanks for defending me by the way but you're gonna have to stop arguing with him about me. I'll just stay away," Tyrell said.

"You're my friend and even though you are in the equation somehow concerning Ty's death, you're still my friend. Ty living was a pain in my ass and Ty dead is still a pain in my ass. If he hadn't done the shit he did, he would still be living and Tre'mayne would not blow up like this. Anyway, no one can stop us from talking to each other. You haven't done shit to me-"

"That's true but Ash, maybe it's better I just keep my distance and let things cool down. I'm still your friend just won't be around. If you need anything or whatever, I'm here. We're about to graduate and go on to college, no one has got time for arguments and such. Come on Ash, sort things out with your man and I'll stay away until further notice," Tyrell said, giving her a playful shove.

Kash'mere sighed.

"Okay, until further notice." She shoved him back and gave him a hug, which to her felt like the last one.

"Good."

"I don't like the feeling of that hug. Promise me you won't go and die on me, literally or figuratively," Kash'mere said.

Tyrell gave her a look and hugged her again. Now she felt assured.

"I won't Ash. I promise," He said then put out his fist.

She pounded him then she went to class. This was their last day of actual classes before exams.

__

"Didn't we agree that you guys should agree to disagree?" Jordane asked.

Nolan looked at him and raised a brow.

"Yea we did but we did more disagreeing the next day. Look Tre'mayne is behaving like a..." Kash'mere trailed off.

"A battyhole, yes a battyhole, but you guys are in a relationship, you can't allow people to come between you guys," Jordane said.

"Exactly. It's great how you care for your friends and are willing to defend them but you got a relationship to think about," Nolan put his share in.

"Don't you think I know this guys? I know that if I told Tre'mayne to stay away from Ty, he would take me as a complete joke," Kash'mere said.

"Yea but that's different," Nolan said.

Kash'mere gave him a look.

"How the hell is that different Nolan?" Jordane asked.

"I mean, Tre'mayne is overprotective and just trying to protect his girl and he sees Tyrell as a threat. You may not be able to protect yourself as much as he would like, against such a strength in such business. I mean, if you tell him to stay away from Ty, he's able to more protect himself more than you would be able to," Nolan said.