Chapter 23- Nothing's Really Changed

▪︎~~~~~▪︎

K A S H ' M E R E

It's been a month since I broke up with Ty. It was easy to avoid him at school because we had exams. Ain't nobody got time to be messing around in exams.

Now, we are on break. My dad is planned to officially meet me today. He was supposed to come yesterday but his sickness has intervened in the past weeks. I don't know how am I going to handle seeing my father and whatever condition he is in.

Tre'mayne came and sat beside me in the living room. I was at Julie's house today. Julie wanted to see the twins.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yea, are you okay?" He asked back.

"I'm fine, why?" I replied.

He stopped and looked at me then chuckled.

"Are you forgetting something or you just completely don't care?" Tre'mayne asked again.

I looked at him genuinely confused.

"You remember you are supposed to be meeting your father tonight right?" He cleared.

Oh. That's why he was acting all weird because he was assuming I would be in a glum mood.

"Yea, I am fine. Look at you all caring about me." I pinched his cheeks.

He withdrew his arm from around my shoulder.

"Well, that caring is gone. In other news, I officially failed Bio," Tre'mayne said.

I gave him a straight face.

"You are definitely one of the few passes, stop lying," I said, hitting him with the remote.

He rubbed his arm, pouting.

"That hurt. What time is your father coming?" 

"At seven, Kai said. It's a dinner, you can come?" I put out, hoping he would say yes.

"It is a family thing though, I can't intrude..." I sighed and opened my mouth ready to persuade him but, " is what I would say if I really cared but I don't. It's free food and I have to support you."

"See this is why I love you," I said then squeezed him tight.

"No hugging, Kash'mere." He exclaimed trying to push me away.

__

By now I was fidgeting while Tre'mayne was as cool as a cucumber. It made sense considering it isn't his father.

"Where are they? I am hungry," Nasir whined.

"Stop being so greedy and be patient!" I snapped.

I didn't mean to come off harsh but the anxiousness got to me.

"I don't see the point of waiting on this man though," Nasir snapped back.

"Nasir, just shut up." I rolled my eyes out of frustration.

"Whatever, Kash'mere. Suit yourself. I'm going up to my room. I don't wanna see or talk to that man right now," Nasir said about to get up.

"Nasir sit yo ass down and act like you got some damn sense." Tre'mayne voiced.

"Tre'mayne, get out of here man." Nasir chuckled.

"Stop behaving grown, I will beat yo ass so sit down little boy." Tre'mayne mocked Nasir's chuckle.

Nasir sat down after searching for the joke and couldn't find it. I looked at Tre'mayne with gratitude. He nodded his head as if to say that's the least.