Chapter 43- Just Gotta Deal With It

▪︎~~~~~▪︎

K A S H ' M E R E

This was the first day back to school without Ty. I'm coping with his death but Tre'mayne is still raw. It's been three days now. The word that he died had now spread like wildfire and the police have been on it.

Pablo did his work messy. He just killed without getting rid of the bodies. I hope they lead to him. They probably won't since they are just as corrupted them but I hope some miracle happens.

"Babe? I can't stay here," Tre'mayne said.

I grabbed his hand and stopped his movements of leaving.

"Tre', you're already here. Ty's gone and I know it hurts but you just have to deal with it instead of running. Ty, wouldn't want you sulking like this," I said.

He sighed and kissed my lips, squeezing my hand in his.

"Okay," He started back on our journey to the auditorium.

They were having a memorial for Ty in some way. We made it to the auditorium and sat at the back in the corner, concealed from everyone. Tre'mayne held me close to him.

Nolan, Shae & Dre were backstage. They were gonna help with the memorial. They had asked Tre'mayne to help but he wouldn't. Tre'mayne was the biggest part of Ty's life at this school before Kendra dropped in.

"Good morning," the vice-principal greeted.

"Morning Mrs. Pike," the majority greeted.

"So, as you all know, we are gathered here today in memory of one of our most active students, Ty."

Tre'mayne's hold on me tightened. I sighed as persons started sobbing. Ty was well known and so the grieving was a huge mass.

The stage was filled with portraits of Ty. Tre'mayne's eye scanned over one in particular. He and Ty were in their jerseys, hugging and smiling for the picture. I noticed a tear slipped from his eye. I reached up and wiped it.

"I know, it is sad. One of our own being caught up in the gruesome acts of violence. I just have to say, Ty was not the best student, a troublemaker at heart. I've had quite a bit of run-ins with him, a very amusing child. None the less he was a caring, loving heart and very determined. It's just sad, his life was cut this short. To his close friends and family, I know it is hard. Stay strong."

The sobs did not stop. Tre'mayne chuckled as if reminiscing. I put on a small smile. Ty was the troublemaker indeed. 

"The principal is a bit disheartened. Ty had a place with him too. We all know him and Mr. Montgomery had the best relationship," She chuckled, " Anyway, this service is for persons, friends, and family, who wish to give tributes through speech video, or song and I now hand over to the first tribute."

Jordane came and sat beside me. I removed myself from Tre'mayne and gave him a hug.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I smiled.

"Yea I am," I replied.

"Is he okay?" he asked.