~Chapter 31

Avalon's POV

It was noon on Christmas Eve and everyone came to visit that morning. Louis, Niall, Lana, even Zayn. They all had to leave to go to their families houses for the holiday so I was left with her. I was trying to help my mom out of the hospital. She was released to go home. Rebecca had a complete odd idea of decorating. Yeah she was into the fake luxury. She wanted to make our one story 3 bedroom flat into a 5 star hotel.

"Mom, you've got to see the house," I said pushing her in the provided wheel chair.

"Oh god, is it bad?" She asked looking back at me.

"No, it's not bad, just not like you. It's too perfect," I said bulging my blue eyes.

"Is it clean? That's all that matters," she said laughing. I laughed with her.

We got out to my car and I helped her into the passenger seat.

She's in pretty good shape for a 49 year old. Yes my moms old. Ladies and gentlemen, keep in mind, Brandon's 27.

I got into the car and started it. I backed out of the hospital parking lot back to Maple and Finicky.

When we pulled up to the house, my moms eyes started tearing up.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"I just can't believe I'm back home. To the house," she said getting up and out of the car. She walked up to the door and went straight inside. I got all her forms and medicine out of my car before following her. This was the first time, in a while, for me being inside with her.

When I walked inside I started crying. My mom walked over to me and pulled me close.

"Avalon, dear, what's wrong, did she do something?" She asked getting worried.

"No, it's just I can't believe I'm in here with, well you. Rebecca kicked me out about five months ago and I may have snuck inside when she wasn't home," I said wiping my tears and laughing.

"No, oh my god! What a bitch! I'm so sorry, it's all my fault. My alcoholism was just messing me up more. And she didn't even love you enough. I didn't love you enough. We are both terrible mothers," she said.

Rebecca and Valerie were both alcoholics, more Valerie than Rebecca. And now she thinks that it's all her fault. I only know all this crap because of Brandon and child services.

"No, stop saying that! You're fine! I'm happy you're back! And it's not only your drinking that's the issue! It's the fact that you worry about me! I've basically been raising misled since age nine and I think I can do the rest. Yeah I understand why you'd feel like that but, " I stopped at the fact that a tear left her eye.

"Oh, so what your saying is that, you're fine, and you had to raise yourself. Avalon that's not normal at all," she said.

"Too bad I've never had a sense of normal," I said mumbling.

"What?" She said looking up at me.

"I've never had a normal life. And to me, this is normal. It makes sense to have 'two moms' and no dad. And that my brother is not even in our lives anymore and that I can raise myself," I said not making much sense to her.

"Well I thank you for considering our family even somewhat normal. Avalon tell the truth, is it terrible?" She asked me.

"No mom it's not, it's normal," I said winking at her. She smiled. I smiled.

"Whatever. What's the date?" She asked.

"December 24th," I said sitting next to her.

"Oh my god! It's almost Christmas! I need to get you something!" She said standing up.