~Chapter 34

Avalon's POV

He joined me in my car, since Paul brought him. The car ride was quiet, the way I like it, yet the energy was more positive. Have I cleaned it out? Hell no. It's actually kind of embarrassing.

We pulled up my drive way and got out. He opened my door and smile at me. I smiled back.

We walked in the front door and was greeted by my mom.

"Avalon? Who's this?" She asked me.

"Liam, my friend," I said motioning to him.

"Hello, love," he said shaking her hand.

"Nice to meet you, Liam. So whatcha up to?" She asked me.

"I wanted to introduce him to you and not, it," I said grimacing.

"I don't blame you," she laughed. Liam just smiled.

She walked into the kitchen and pulled out some pans.

"I'm starting dinner soon, if you want to help?" My mom questioned while pulling out things from the fridge.

"Do you want to?" I asked him.

"Why not?" He said. I giggled and blushed. He smiled and kissed my forehead. Maybe we were going to become more than just friends, again.

We went in the kitchen and I got out the eggs. My mom, at the same time, was getting out chicken. I looked at her and her eyebrows furrowed.

"Avalon Sydney, get your head out of the gutter. Put the eggs back," she said motioning to the fridge.

I blushed hard and Liam started laughing at him. I mouth 'shut up' to him and he kept laughing.

I put them back and tried to help her with the chicken. I picked up the chicken in the packaging and put it by my mouth. I helped though it by breathing on it.

"Okay seriously, what the hell is wrong with you today?" My mom stood there crossing her arms.

I put the package down slowly. And tried not to mess anything else up.

Soon she started prepping the glass dish and was getting a pot.

"Avalon, I need you an pretty boy to make the Mac and cheese. It shouldn't be that hard," she said motioning to the cabinet to where the noodles were.

I got them out and Liam put water in the pot. I heated the stove and put the pot on it. I smiled at him and poured the noodles in.

Once they were ready, we poured the water out and put the cheese in. I mice it and he supervised. The oven went off, meaning the chicken was done. I walked over to my iHome, which was left on the windowsill. I put my phone in it and started some music. I pressed shuffle and it went to Dance With Me Tonight by Olly Murs.

I continued mixing the Mac and cheese humming to the song.

'I just want you to dance with me tonight' I sang softly, focusing on the food.

"God how I miss your sweet voice," Liam growled in my ear, causing tingles down my spine.

I looked over my shoulder and smiled. He shut his eyes and started snapping his fingers. I looked back to see him dancing like they did in the American 50s. He was swiveling his hips and bouncing to the beat.

I put the large spoon down and walked up to him. I grabbed his hands and we danced together. He was swinging me around and moving fast. It was like we were in a 50s movie.

When the song finished I walked back over to the food leaving him in his place. His eyebrows furrowed and I giggled.

"Why didn't you kiss me?" He asked in my ear.