CHAPTER 2√

Narrator

14 years old

Xavier knelt on the floor across from his mother. He was nervous and sweaty, he always sweats when he's nervous and his mother saw this, offering him a smile.

"Again, why are we here? "Xavier asked glancing at the ground.

"This is where I want you to begin training," she supplied. "Being that you have now mastered the elements and you have grown stronger. I want you to learn how to control your power, push yourself to the limit and hopefully find other powers you might have hidden within." Xavier gave a nod, finally seeing what his mother wanted. His mother's gentle yet fragile hand touched his shaking ones. "You can do it, Xavier." She smiled at him, her old and wise gaze fixated on him, making him calm.

They took a moment before Xavier stood and took a breath. He looked to his mother as he raised both his hands to his torso. He focused his mind on a picture in his mind, the earth gave a light shake and the ground began to rise in a rectangular block, one of his height. He clenched his hands into fists as he watched the piece of rock, he grinned and laughed lightly as he raised his hands higher and with his fingers he drew in the air, the rock cracking to his will, curving with his hand to form a shape, a human shape. It bent like wax and Xavier loved the feeling as he began to creat a model. He created himself.

The final piece stood before them and he stepped forward. He looked at it and grinned, he laid his palm on the shoulder and his palm warmed, the rock figure trembled and he raised his other hand, a small flame began to flicker in his palm, he placed the flickering flame on the chest of the figure and then slowly a shimmering bright blue glow entered the place where its eyes are. Xavier felt a tickle in his throat and he opened his mouth. He was going completely on instinct, instinct he never knew he had.

"Breathe, "he said in a voice unrecognisable to his usual and the rock figure trembled again before taking a loud audible gasp. Xavier gasped himself and stepped back, blinking rapidly. He had not expected this to happen, it was not like anything he had done since training. The statue was no longer a statue, it trembled and shook and then the dust of rock blew away and there stood an exact copy of Xavier. Its hair was bright red and his eyes had turned green, the copy blinked furiously with confusion and Xavier desperately looked to his mother who was smiling.

"Looks like you've discovered a new talent my son. "

"H-How do I get rid of it?" he asked in panic, he did not like the thought of having a double, he wasn't even sure how it worked. Could the copy do what he could do? Did it have his memories? Would it kill him? It was to much of a risk. He looked to his copy who was touching itself curiously.

"You have to figure that out yourself. "She said standing to her feet and dusting herself off.

"Momma, no, help me." He was panicked. The copy grinned at him.

"Lashdsfster. "It said and Xavier reared his head back.

"What?" He asked harshly and heard his mother laugh.

"Seems he does not know English. "His mother supplied. Xavier stepped towards the copy and reached out to touch the model. It was rock hard, but it seemed to feel the pinch he gave.

"Did that hurt?" Xavier found himself asking as he calmed slightly. The model shook it's head. "So, you understand me?" It gave a single nod. Xavier turned back to his mother who had-as usual- disappeared. Xavier groaned and turned back to the rock. "Now, how do I turn you back." It began to shake it's head.

"No, I don't like being stepped on. "It said and Xavier was taken aback. The model was adapting fast." please. "

--------