CHAPTER 22√

Narrator

The sound of panting and rustling of leaves echoed in their ears as they ran. Danielle felt exhausted and completely out of it, suddenly she wished that her replica took her place instead. She gulped as she ran, images of her visions flashing through her mind. She only hoped it wasn't too late. They came to a stopped at the edge of the woods.

"Where do we go? "Xavier asked anxiously, gasping for air as he looked left and right, his eyes shone with anticipation.

"From my vision, someone said something about mountains, I think we are still very far away." I stood up straight and looked ahead, she walked a bit further, she could see beyond the woods an outline of a mountain, she smiled. "We have to go there." She pointed and Xavier walked over to look. Danielle watched as his jaw dropped, his forest green eyes seemed to frown and his red hair fluttered with the wind.

"That is far. "He mumbled and she rolled her eyes and took his hand, he looked down at her.

"Good thing, I don't do walking."  Her eyes turned a soft shade of blue and their hands began to sweat. She could feel every molecule disassembling, she looked over at Xavier who widened his eyes.

They were glowing blue and bright, it was like mist. They travelled fast and Xavier felt dizzy. Before they knew it they landed outside a large castle. Xavier stumbled to gain his balance. He blinked his tears away and held his head.

"Sorry, I haven't quite mastered the air travel." She blushed.

"S'okay, at least we are here." Xavier said as he felt better. He touched the worn out and corroded metal gate.

"Yeah, it looks just like it. "Danielle stood a bit back, Xavier nodded holding his hand out towards the large lock. His hand gave a soft glow and the lock jiggled before melting off.  " Hmm, I guess that works." Xavier glanced over at her.

"Have any other ideas?" he smirked.

"Yeah, getting in there. "She marched passed him and pushed the large gate away and paused as she took a step onto the premises." I wish I brought a stake gun. "Xavier went over to her.

"You're a Caster, what good is a stake when you can stop them with more than just your mind." Xavier said and they marched over to the large and dark looking castle. As they approached the doors opened and they stopped.

"Looks like a surprise attack is not much of an attack. "Danielle swallowed and glanced at Xavier who seemed more determined than ever.

"Well, let's not keep them waiting." He marched ahead and Danielle noticed the burnt ground left in his wake.

"Oh boy. "She leaped over the steps and into the castle.

**

The music was soft, soothing and the leader danced by himself, enjoying the sweet sound of a Benthoven classic. His servants watched him with blank stares his second in command was tense but silent.

"Something is bothering you, old friend, care to share? "The vampire asked his second in commad who glanced to his left.

"They are getting close." He said.

"I know. "The leader said still moving gracefully around the dance floor with grace and elegance." When they get here, we can clear the misunderstanding. "

"Misunderstanding? Sir, Glart organised an assassination group." The commander groaned in frustration. "Do you forget that this is one of the most ancient casters reincarnated, he could kill us by the snap of his finger. Shouldn't we be running?" The leader stopped with his back to his commander.

"He does not know that. "

"Yet."

"Dimitri, I understand your concerns."The leader moved to the table and retrieved a glass with crimson red thick liquid. "You need not worry."

"You need to wake up, Vladimir and realise what is right in front of you. "The vampire was at Vladimir's side in no time.

"Is this you challenging my control?" Vladimir kept his voice low and haunting.

"This is me, telling you that you are being compromised. " The doors banged open but the vampires did not move.

"You have people I want." Vladimir raised his head and sighed. He turned to his new guests and smiled a welcoming smile, he noticed the glowing bright blue eyes and knew that the boy would strike him if he had the wrong move.

"The people you want? Plural meaning more that one, I only have one. "The boy seemed dumbstruck.

"Liar!" He declared and Vladimir chuckled.

"Why would I need to lie to you. "He had pointed to himself then to the boy." How about a seat? We can talk this out. "

**

Xavier felt a sence of calm wash over him and he closed his eyes and shook his head before glancing at Danielle who glared at the bloodsuckers.

"Stop trying to compel us!" She screamed and the light bulbs burst leaving them in darkness. Xavier reached in front of him as he heard a chuckle.

"We just want our friends back. " A single candle was lit, Xavier raised his hand and flicked it effortlessly and a line of blazing blue fire roared across the room flooding them with light. He narrowed his eyes." Give me my friends before I kill you. "He said in a voice that didn't sound much like his. The vampire laughed as though not believing him and Xavier stepped forward and so did the other vampires in the room, ready to protect their leader.

"You need to relax, young one and have some wine."

"I will not ask a third time. "He said through his teeth. Then there was a loud piercing scream and he glanced all around trying to find the source, it sounded so familiar.

"Stop it!" The person screamed out. Xavier narrowed his eyes as anger filled him. He knew then that it was Gabriel. Xavier raised his hands up high, they curved in a claw like motion, he stared ahead as he felt the wind pick up around him. The vampires let out wails and screams of pain and anger as piercing headaches rushed through them. Danielle was beside him keeping the leader back as he tried to run for him, his mouth wide and fangs shown.

The vampires wailed and screeched and Xavier tilted his hand slightly down and they all fell, dropping like body bags. They lay limp on the ground, not breathing not moving as blood flowed out of them from every opening. Theirs eyes were dull and lifeless, they had died their second deaths.

"We will kill you! "The leader screeched out in furry and lurched forward but Xavier held his hand up and the leader was held mid-air.

"Why?" Xavier asked him lowly.

"Why kill you? Are you so much of an imbecile? You killed my people! "He screeched." You will pay! "He clawed at the air and Xavier felt himself building with raw fury.

"You are the only one who will pay for your crimes, Vladimir." Xavier turned his head slowly so see someone he never expected to see. Beside him Danielle gasped and said the one thing that confirmed Xavier's thoughts.

"Daddy, "she whispered brokenly, like a child who had been hidden from the world for way to long and was finally seeing the true brightness of life." What are you doing here?"