CHAPTER 25√

Xavier

He sat beside him, the monitors beeping according to his heartbeat. Xavier sighed as he slid his hand into Gabriel's own warm hand. He urged him to open his eyes, he wanted to be sure that he was alright. The monitor jumped and Xavier tilted his head up to look, startled before glancing back at Gabriel who furrowed his brows before a groan left his lips. Xavier stood.

"Gabriel? "He whispered confused as the boy moved his head slightly and tightened his hand around Xavier's, who stared. Xavier watched as Gabriel's lashes fluttered slowly. Soon, golden brown eyes flashed as Gabriel took in his surrounding.

"Where...where am I?" He asked with a groan, his hand slipping out of Xavier's grasp. Xavier smiled and released a soft and relieved sigh. Gabriel looked up at him and Xavier smiled widely, blinking away his tears. "You're awake, oh, Gabriel I'm so sor-"

"Get away from me. "Xavier paused and stared as he saw the hate and anger flashing within Gabriel's golden brown eyes, his blonde hair was pushed back as he glared fiercely.

"Gabriel, I..."

"Get. Away. From. Me. "He seethed, his eyes flashing gold." I hate you. " He said, Xavier could see the raw hatred and truth in his eyes which cut through him like a knife. He couldn't understand it, he couldn't really comprehend the situation. He wanted to ask, to clear the air, but the words cut him deep and the look he was given made him weak. Xavier didn't seem to move back fast enough because suddenly a golden wave moved towards him as Gabriel thrust his hand towards him.

Xavier's eyes widened as he was sent flying towards the wall, he slid down the floor with a groan, thw ache in his chest unbearable.

"Go away! "Gabriel screamed and the walls shook, Xavier looked up at him, he felt dizzy, his eyes unfocused. Xavier reached up to his stinging nose, he felt the warm liquid dripping from his nose, he looked at his red stained finger. There were footsteps as Xavier stared at Gabriel who now stood, barefoot beside his bed, his hands clenched and his eyes bright with tears. "How could you?" He whispered hurt.

"Xavier, are you ok? "Xavier looked up to see Christian.

"Murderer!" Gabriel hissed lowly as Christian helped Xavier to his feet. "I hate you." Xavier gave him one look, then turned away as Christian helped him limp out of the room. The others where with Gabriel as Xavier was led to the living room.

Xavier felt as though his entire body was on lock down, he was in pain and he wasn't sure if it were from the scream or from banging into the wall. He groaned, his head tilted back and he swallowed and clenched his eyes closed.

"What happened? "Theodore said walking over to him. Xavier didn't bother opening his eyes, all he wanted to do was leave, leave and never come back. He wanted normal, he craved it. He wanted his mother, his family, but he knew that he couldn't have that back, at least, not with the people he grew to know, or the one person who is from his herd.

"Gabriel doesn't seem to want Xavier near him, looks like he threw him against the wall then screamed, it was loud. "Theodore knelt before him and Xavier looked at him. Theodore's gray eyes seemed to frown.

"I want to go, please." Xavier said.

"Are you sure that is what you want? "Xavier nodded slowly and Theodore gave him a soft knowing smile." You understand that, you can never be normal, now with who you already are, right? "Xavier pursed his lips together.

"I can at least try." He said and cleared his throat.

"He will understand eventually. "Xavier furrowed his brows amd Theodore sighed while laying his hand on Xavier's hand." He feels that it was your fault that he too had to lose his parents, he blames your mother but since she isn't here, you are closer than nothing. "Xavier's lips parted slightly and his body relaxed, the pain now gone.