CHAPTER 9√

Xavier

The night was stormy, thunder boomed right outside his window and he couldn't sleep. Throwing the covers away from himself, he decided to be productive with the time he had and headed for the gym. His feet slapped against the hard wood floor as he made his way to the gym room. He heard the jiggle of chains and pushing the door open, he peaked inside to see Christian, losing himself in the punching bag.

"You work out too much, Chris. "Xavier blinked and rubbed his eyes as he heard the voice of the youngest Phoebe, it was laced with actual humour, it was very...different. Xavier looked around and spotted the boy in the corner, his eyes trailed on Christian.

"Well, one has to keep fit, "Christian said taking hold of the moving bag to smile at the boy. Xavier could tell from the way they stared at one another that they were closer than just brothers, it reminded him of how he had often caught himself looking at Gabriel. Suddenly feeling like an intruder, Xavier stepped back and turned towards the way he came. He decided to go downstairs instead of his bedroom.

Theodore sat with Scoot and Marshal, the little family was gathered in the living room, Winston nowhere to be found. Xavier marvelled at the sight of the black and white haired boy with bright gray eyes, Scoot and his brother, Marshal with just gray hair and bright gray eyes. They both laid their 15 year old hands on their daddy's stomach.

"Daddy, are you sure there is something in there? "Scoot asked, his features scrunched up."It's too flat for there to even be a something in there." Theodore laughed melodically and Xavier looked away, everything about this place hurt his heart, he wasn't sure how much longer he'd be able to bare it.

"Sweetheart, it's only been a week. Your sibling is just pea sized right now. "Theodore told them.

"Oh, it's going to be a girl, Scoot said so." Marshal said to his father matter-of-fact.

"Oh? And you believe everything your brother tells you? "

"Daddy, you know this already, stop acting so shocked." The boy huffed.

"Xavier? "Xavier turned his head towards them. Theodore offered him a smile and motioned him over." Couldn't sleep? "He was asked and he gave a nod as he took a seat.

"Not much of a fan of thunderstorms." He admitted.

"It's a wonder how you and Danielle get along, she lives for this. "Scoot commented, cuddling into his father. Xavier smiled softly.

"So, is she responsible?"

"Nope, if she were, you would know, trust us, " Marshal said with a yawn.

"Alright, I think it's time you two went to bed." They tightened their arms around him and whined.

"But, daddy! "They said together in perfect unison, they sounded so wounded and as though they couldn't even think to be away from him for too long.

"C'mon!" Theodore gave a whine of his own coupled with a pout and the two boys huffed.

"Fine, but we are sleeping in your room with papa, "They said and stuck their tongues out before running up the stairs. Theodore chuckled at their actions before turning back to Xavier who pulled at his pinky unconsciously.

"So, what's up?" Theodore asked, settling into the couch as though he'd be there all day.

"Up? About what? "Xavier said with furrowed brows.

"I can tell something is bothering you." Xavier looked down, not even sure himself anymore.

"Remember you mentioned my father? First lesson?" He began and came to sit down on the couch opposite Theodore. "What did you mean? Was the man I grew up around not my father?"