CHAPTER 11√

Xavier

"All casters are the same in terms of power. " Theodore began as he slowly went around the circle, lighting each individually unique candle. "We can all do the same things, but, we differ in strength and heart. For example, while we can all control the elements, some are drawn to a one in particular. Like a moth to a flame we cling to the ones we are most strongest in, the one which come naturally to us. "He said as he lit a roundly shaped candle with purple spots.

"But then again, some of us are gifted with special powers." He said turning to Xavier, Danielle, Travis and the other Xavier, the youngest Phoebe.

"Like? "Travis asked his face pinched with confusion. Xavier looked to him then back at Theodore.

"Like for instance, Danielle, who happens to have sight. She can see the future, but also confront the past." Xavier looked to Danielle with astonishment having heard this the first time. "Even in our gifts that make us differ, we still struggle to figure them out, to use them to our full abilities. Normal casters, you need time to rejuvenate after using a large amount of your magic and hybrids, although powerful, need even more time than the full blooded caster to regain their strength. "

"And you?" Xavier Phoebe asked staring at his nails.

"I am not an ordinary caster, I still take my time but not like you. "There was silence and Xavier felt the question which hovered in their minds, he could almost taste their curiosity.

"And our father?" Travis asked folding his arms. Xavier looked at the three siblings, the youngest seemed angrier suddenly at the questions while the other two simply had curiosity and longing in their eyes.

"By now you know, your father was very special. Not even I could explain him, you'd have to ask him yourself. "The disappointment was clear on their faces but Theodore clapped his hands to get them focused on the task at hand. Xavier was eager to get started, after an entire week of school, he just wanted to see himself away from it an in the training state with Theodore.

"Alright, today, I want you all to try and find your happy place and then make up what ever feels natural. "

Everybody took a deep breath and Xavier found himself picturing the cave he used to visit with his mother when she felt he had to get to practicing. A small smile began to form on his lips as the wind around him picked up. He relaxed his muscles and lost himself in the feeling of being free. There was sounds of water and fire and the earth around them shook slightly.

"Very nice, Xavier. Seems the elements are your home. You know they are very rare, only a special few control all four elements as you do especially at the same time. "Xavier opened his eyes and smiled. He noticed how Xavier had excluded himself from the exercise, his face dark and haunted. Xavier stepped back and watched as Danielle began to giggle as the thunder boomed over head. Invisible Bubbles began popping around them and Xavier couldn't help trying to locate them. He looked back to Danielle who cupped her hands together and opened them.

Xavier inched closer as the bubble began to drift up and our of her hand, growing larger and then halting in the middle of them, a picture of a man with black hair and a single white strip going down one side was staring out at them but it didn't seem he could see them. Xavier recognised him immediately.

"I'm sorry. "The man said as though he were under water. Xavier looked to Danielle who seemed to be losing concentration as sweat developed between her brows.

"Danielle," Theodore said with wide eyes and she gasped. Xavier watched as her eyes widened and her eyes turned to a bright Topaz colour, her head fell back and her arms fell to her sides, her fingers stretched. She looked as though ahe would fall any moment. Xavier reached out and touched her outstretched fingers only to gasp, his eyes turned a bright blue with no iris and everything in front of his changed, it played out like a series of movies, all at the same time but different faces and moments from the future, at least, he thought it was the future.

"Don't leave me, Chris, please, don't leave me. " Xavier Phoebe cried looking down at a bloodied Christian who choked and gagged on his own blood, his brown eyes staring up at his brother.

"I will always love you, Xavier, always."

The next one played out like this:

Elijah stood atop a statue, staring down at the blackened ground, the guilt played on his face as his eyes swelled.

"They told me no, they told me they were afraid," he muttered to himself." I saw what they feared, I knew the possibility, but still, I couldn't bare to never see you again, instead, I let myself love you enough t-"

Everything went black, the pictures came and went in a blink of an eyes, Xavier felt the pain, the anguish and sorrow, the love and passion and his body hurt and he was on the floor. He sat up with a groan and looked over to see Danielle out flat, her face towards him. Frantic, he crawled over to her as everyone else crowded around her.

"Danielle, Danielle! Wake up! "It was Xavier Phoebe, his eyes wide and bright with fresh tears, Xavier felt that that was the first and last time he'd witness such an emotion from the youngest Phoebe ever again.

"Everybody, breathe." Theodore said and they did as told, Xavier held Danielle's cheek as he took a breathe. "The more you panic, the worse the situation, now move, we have to get her to the infirmary." Theodore said.

"Can't you just fix her? "Theodore sighed at Travis' question.

"Let's get her there first so we can figure out what's happened, but I'm pretty sure she just needs to rest is all." Theodore turned his gaze towards Xavier and could tell that it wasn't that simple. He moved back and allowed Theodore to levitate Danielle off the ground and into the air at which Travis offered to carry her.

With Danielle in Travis' arms they headed towards the pack house, but as they all went, Xavier was held back. He turned to Theodore who watched him closely.

"What did you see? "he asked.

"What?" Xavier asked, to worried to really think straight.

"Please, I know how far her power of sight goes, if she concentrates she can let anyone see if she choses but I know that this was not within her control. What did you see. "Theodore asked again, squeezing Xavier's shoulder.

"I-I saw a lot of things..." He swallowed as he though to the visions and the words which were now all muddled together. "All bad and good." Theodore closed his eyes tightly and took a breath.

"Don't tell anyone anything they don't have to know, understand? "Xavier gave a quick nod and received a timid one in return along with a small sad smile. Xavier was then left alone and that moment he saw the face of Cyrus who was also in one of the many jumbled visions, holding a sword and actually looking as though he not only knew how to use it but that he had all the intentions of using it.

Xavier felt the unease settle in him, something wasn't right and he needed to get to the bottom of things.