EPILOGUE√

Two months later...

Xavier

I catch myself thinking about her, not because I'm sad or want revenge. No. I catch myself thinking about her because I wish she was here. Sure, I'm sad I lost her, but, I somehow know she is here with me, always, every step of the way. She has seen my smiles, witnessed my growing affections for the boy I love. She has been there to laugh with me.

She saw me grow and that makes it way better. Although my mother couldn't be with me, physically, today as I take a leap and move on in life with my boyfriend and his mother, I know that where ever she may be, she sees me and she smiles with pride. That's all I could really want.

"Xavier, "I look up to see Cyrus standing over me with a smile."You ready to leave?" He asked me, crouching down to eye level and I nod enthusiastically with a wide grin.

"Yeah, let's go. "He stood, holding his hand out for me which I took gladly. I grinned and he winked before giving me a kissing face. It had seemed so unlikely at first, that I'd find myself head over heels for this ridiculous male, but I'm glad I did. I have no regrets, so far.

"Time to tone down the crazy. "Cyrus' mom said with a sigh. I chuckled and hopped into the large truck." And boys, please try not to make out on the drive there?" I flushed and banged my head against the head board as Cyrus lost himself.

"Awww, Xavier is still such a virgin. "Cyrus commented and I glared at him.

"Please, I do not want a reminder of that." I groaned, yes, you heard right, Cyrus' mother had been subjected to witnessing the horror which is her son's sex life. I was just as horrified when I found out she heard and deeply apologetic.

"Uhh...can we not talk like this for like...the rest of the trip? I do not need this right now. "I begged only to have a strong hand travel up my thigh.

"Oh, I think I know exactly what you need." I groaned.

"You are a demon. "I said with complete seriousness and he laughed that joyful laugh that makes my heart stop and my breath catch. Who knew love could be so sappy. I shook my head and slapped him upside the head.

"I love you," he said rubbing his head. He had such bad timing some times.

---------
---------
---------
---------

Narrator

He had had to catch his breath, travelling for so long without much to go by was hard and he needed the break, especially after almost being drained of blood. He panted and sat atop a boulder which oddly seemed to have been placed there on purpose. He wasn't sure where he was or why his feet carried him there, he just knew he needed to keep moving.

There was a hiss, low and threatening so he stood and looked both ways. His pale purple eyes scanned the horizon and he ran a hand through his filthy silver hair. There was a growl and he jumped back to see a snow white tiger, baring its teeth. Panic shoot through him as he stared up at the thing.

"You are not welcome here," Linus couldn't explain it, but he heard the tiger speak even though its mouth did not move. His heart began to beat erratically as the tiger moved closer before leaping down from the steep mountain. Linus had no clue what to do as he raised his arms up and crouched, trying to seem harmless but the tiger let out a fierce, ground shaking growl and he stumbled onto his back.

"You have doomed them." He didn't know what to think, or what to say as suddenly the ground shook beneath him and he scrambled to his feet and reached for the nearest tree. His eyes wide he looked to where he had been resting, the cracked boulder had his blood smeared on it. He blinked as the blood seeped into the rock and it began to move. The tiger had moved, now inches away from him. It snarled but Linus couldn't help pay attention as a strong hissing sound was let out.

The tiger backed away, Linus could tell that it was afraid. Then large slitted eyes came into view as well as a very large midnight blue head rose from the gap in which the boulder had revealed. Linus gapped like a fish, his voice didn't seem to work until finally he was able to say it.

"Is that a...a snake?"