CHAPTER 3√

Present

Xavier

He wiped his cheek furiously and his his face in his arms. He was a complete wreck and he was all alone. That made it all real.

"Well, this is a complete surprise. "Xavier jumped and turned, he hadn't expected anyone here. He blinked to see his copy smirking and leaning against the entrance of the cave. He was reminded of his failure to properly use his powers."Well, actually it's not, I knew you were here," the copy walked in, "or rather, I felt it." He chuckled and Xavier glared.

"What the hell are you doing here? Shouldn't you be off somewhere? "The copy stepped back with its hands raised.

"I didn't mean any offense, buddy, or should I say 'Master'?" The copy laughed to itself as though it had said the funniest thing in the world. Xavier felt himself get angry, the anger soon deflated as he realised that his copy was the only thing he had close enough to another human being. Other than that, he was alone. Even Gabriel and Linus were gone. "Now, what is it that has you all tense?" The copy sat down. "Is it a girl?" He wiggled his brows and Xavier scrunched up his nose in revolt and his copy laughed.

"I really don't see how you can be so cheery right now. "Xavier grumbled and the copy shook his head.

"I really don't see how you can be so depressing right now." His copy repeated changing a single word.

"They are dead, they are all gone. "Xavier had tears Welling up in his eyes then. "I'm all alone now." He hid his face in his hands as he failed to think of anything to do besides cry.

"What? Who? "

"My herd! All of them, my mother, my...boyfriend. Everyone!" He gasped and his copy formed an 'o' with realisation.

"Dung, that's bad. "Xavier glared at him and he shrugged." I'm not good with sympathy, not human, remember? "

"And yet your so happy." The copy clapped.

"Exactly! "

"I should really figure out how to get rid of you." Xavier mumbled, getting to his feet.

"Hey, that hurts my feelings. " The copy followed, clutching his chest.

"You don't have any." Xavier pushed passed the copy which followed.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I can't imagine that they would be hurt. "Xavier rolled his eyes as he walked out of the cave with his rock copy in tow. They walked in silence for only five minutes before the copy spoke up again." So, what are you going to do now that you're all alone? Buy a fishing boat? Marry a rock? Move to Africa? "Xavier stopped and turned to the copy with furrowed brows.

"Too many questions in one go." he stated. "And I don't know what I'm going to do."

"Well, you should think about it, should I let you think about it? I don't think it'll help, me letting you think, I think I should just give you idea's." Xavier groaned and turned away to continue walking." Hmmm, maybe you should just get a cow, from Texas! "The copy yelled enthusiastically. "Although, rocks are better company, if I do say so myself. "Xavier groaned as the rock continued to go on and on about nonsense the entire way to his village.

It had been three days since the attack and he had managed to bury everyone respectively. He noticed how out of every body he buried respectfully, two were missing. He couldn't help wonder what happened to Gabriel and Linus,where they could have gone was beside him. He felt even more depressed thinking about how they left him without much thought, especially Gabriel. Linus, they never got along much but still, Xavier wondered how he as well could have left him.