CHAPTER 5√

Xavier

The pack was huge, bigger than he had anticipated and they were all gathered around, staring as he entered into the front yard of their huge mansion.

"Wow, "he breathed deeply as the hundred or so pairs of eyes stared curiously at him.

"Uh-huh, that's what they all say," Danielle said gleefully as though unexpected visitors were a norm. Xavier turned to look at her as she walked towards the gathered pack of wolves, Claude and Trent followed suit and the large white wolf growled at him in warning before trotting after his children with obvious pride. Xavier felt nervous and squeamish as the crowd parted for the family.

"Xavier Fay, son of Kendal. "Xavier furrowed his brows as he tried to pin point the person who spoke. A man with white hair tied back in a bum smiled as he emerged from the crowd." Welcome to the Greyhound Mountain pack, home to 5000 wolves, 3 casters and a single hybrid. My name is Theodore Mill and my mate," he turned to a large man with a buzz cut, "Winston Mill, Beta. "

Xavier looked at them with wide eyes, he wasn't sure how to act, he had never been around wolves before, it was foreign territory. He lifted his hand and waved awkwardly.

"Uh-Hello." Theodore smiled and opened his arms. Xavier noticed the pendant dangling around the older man's neck with the face of Elijah.

"How about I lead you to your room? "Xavier paused.

"Wait, what?" He was confused and tired, the people barely knew him, he barely knew them, how could they be so trusting? It was too good to believe. "Just like that? How can you just invite a complete stranger into your home? I could be an axe murderer or something." Theodore laughed at him and Xavier felt his face grow hot.

"Are you an axe murderer? "Xavier folded his arms over his chest.

"No, but that isn't the point."

"Our hospitality annoys you. "Theodore stated.

"Kindness is not something panthers find very useful."

"Your...father had the wrong idea. "There was something about the way he mentioned his father that made Xavier feel like he knew all about it. It made him uncomfortable and anxious." You don't have to trust us yet, but at least let us help. "Xavier started to feel the bottled up anger rise. He clenched his hands into fists.

"You can't help me." He said dangerously. Theodore narrowed his eyes at him.

"Anger will not bring her back. "Xavier tensed further as the words caused his heart to pinch, he glared at the older man. Xavier knew that was true, but he was a teenager, he would hold on to the fact that maybe the anger would make him feel better about it. They stared each other down as the crowd grew anxious and on edge.

"Enough, "a strong baritone echoed and Xavier snapped his head over to a large man, the crowd had parted for him. His chest was large and toned, sculpt to perfection. His eyes narrowed in on Xavier and Xavier felt his throat tighten. The older man was in brown shorts with no shirt, he radiated power and authority.

I'd appreciate it if you stopped drooling. Xavier turned to the side where Elijah stood scowling at him. He's my mate. Xavier gapped.

"As if I'd go there, he's like...80."Elijah rolled his eyes before he dissolved into thin air with a roll of his eyes.

"Who are you talking to? "Xavier gapped like a fish as he turned back to the confused crowd.

"Nobody." He rubbed his arm nervously, his eyes moves back to the large man who was beside Theodore.

"Donovan Phoebe, Alpha. "He growled thickly, his eyes glowing a yellow sunset." Now, the tour?"

----------

"So, how are we going to go about this?" Xavier asked as they entered he third floor. There was loud music coming from the room at the end of the hall.

"Well, you live here and become part of the pack, what other way is there? "Xavier looked up at the huge Alpha.

"Just like that? No initiation?" He asked with furrowed brows.

"Do you want to be initiated? "He turned his glowing eyes to him and Xavier swallowed and shook his head rapidly. The man gave a slow menacing smile." Didn't think so. "They continued on, the Alpha showing him each room as they go to the last one." That's the dance studio, installed 8 years ago, only my son uses it. "Xavier looked at the door.

"Which one?"

"My last born, Xavier. "Xavier nodded.

"We share a name," he pointed out and Donovan gave him a blank look.

"And that's all you'll share with him. "He turned away but Xavier was curious to see what was going on in there so he went for the opened door and peaked in. The boy was easily his age but smaller, he was dancing with so much passionate sorrow that Xavier felt his heart ache as he watched with wide eyes, captivated by the sight. He didn't know the song nor the artist but the beat suggested war while the boy danced like death. It was beautifully painful. His slim legs stretched as he jumped up. His movement was elegant and graceful. He leaped like a panther and Xavier was frozen with interest. He leaned into the room as he watched the boy.

The song came to an end and Xavier blinked.

"That was amazing. "He whispered and the boy turned sharply towards him, Xavier felt his breath hitch as he stared at the startlingly violet eyes, they were cat like, they called to him like a moth to a flame. Xavier hadn't even noticed as he was inching closer and closer to the boy who then stood to his full height. His black hair was damp and stuck to his face so beautifully, Xavier felt an instant attraction.

"Go away, "his voice was low and whispered, Xavier stopped and blinked. It was as though he had been under a spell. He looked at the Alpha's youngest son, he could feel a darkness to him, a painful sadness." Stay away from me." Then, ink black smoke swirled around the boy, starting at his legs and travelling up to his waist until he was covered in it. Xavier felt his heart lodge into his throat as he took a step back. The ink black cloud grew and swirled before it zipped passed him and out of the room.

Xavier hurriedly went into the hallway and watched as the Alpha's youngest, flew in his black cloud down the hall and through the wall, going who knows where.

"I wonder how often this will be happening. "He wondered allowed.