CHAPTER 4√

Dedicated to @ChieRha for figuring out the stranger Xavier came across. I guess, I miss him more than I thought.

----

Xavier

He stared at the man as he approached him. Xavier tilted his head and then turned to his copy who was frozen in place, Xavier paused to look at his copy who couldn't seem to get closer.

"He is well beyond his bound. "Xavier turned to the man in confusion. He felt as though he should know him, but he couldn't recall anything. "He has travelled for too long and he has reached new soil, he either has to be put to rest or go back." He said much clearer.

Xavier shook his head. "Who are you?"

"I am Elijah, Elijah Phoebe. "He smiled." I am the leader of the Caster's council. " Xavier's brows rose high.

"That exists?" Xavier asked with evident doubt and Elijah chuckled, his eyes lighting up with a knowing spark. "But, if you're the leader of said council, why are you here?" He asked and Elijah sighed soundly and hopped onto the head stone of the grave.

"Just thought I'd check up on you, ask how you are, before my mate comes along and snaps at you for stepping foot on his land. "There was sadness in the blue gaze of the handsome older man that Xavier frown, he didn't know why but he hated the thought of him being unhappy.

"Your mate?" Xavier asked instead and Elijah gave him a shy wistful smile.

"The Alpha of the territory you just entered, since I...went away, he hasn't been quit the same, he's turned into the 'act first, questions later', kind of person which is not as attractive as he might think. "Xavier chuckled at the expression on Elijah's face.

"When you say 'went away', what exactly do you mean?" He asked genuinely curious and Elijah let out a puff of air.

"Ever so curious. "He mumbled and Xavier turned his head slightly with a raised brow. "Let's just say, I'm not really here right now."

"So, I'm seeing ghosts now, great," he threw his hands up in the air in frustration just as the ground gave a soft rumble.

"He's here, "Elijah turned around and Xavier followed his gaze," and you are not seeing ghosts. Yes, I disappeared from earth's physical plane, but that's only because I am too powerful to stay here, " Xavier looked up at the man who winked." You needed help, I showed up. "Xavier tilted his head as Elijah pointed to his neck.

A silver pendant appeared magically around his neck, it was cool to the touch and Xavier gasped.

"Everyone of the people I care about has it, it allows for me to appear to them when they need me the most, "Elijah placed his hand on Xavier's shoulder, who looked up with the pendant between his fingers." It's fueled by emotions, I only appear when you have a very strong emotion, but only to your eyes. "

"But," Xavier paused, "I don't even know you, how could I possibly be counted as a loved one?" He asked, he was touched really because he could actually see himself liking the man, even if he had disappeared from earth's physical plane,whatever that meant. Elijah offered him a smile.

"That's what you think. "And then he was gone, like a puff of smoke he disappeared, leaving nothing but a silver glow behind, which was over the head stone. Xavier walked around and read what was engraved onto the stone.

Rest In Peace

Elijah Phoebe
Loving mate, husband and friend
Adoring father

Xavier stood up straighter and looked to his copy who looked very confused. Then slowly his copy froze and turned brown, the colour of soil and was blown away. Xavier sighed knowing that he would miss the annoying thing. A loud vicious growl rippled through the air and he froze. He felt his heart drop and he didn't turn.

Slowly he turned to see a vicious looking white wolf with bright sunset yellow eyes. They were frantic and alert, the animal looked wild and untamed, beastly even. It was larger than Xavier which made him fear for his own life.

"Now would be a good time to run. " He heard Elijah's calm voice through his head and he didn't hesitate for he turned and bolted for the direction he came. He was panting, running as fast as he could. He didn't want to die, not now, probably not ever. Xavier heard a soft chuckle and he turned his head to look back only to scream and come crashing down as the big bad wolf was right in front of him. It growled menacingly. "Fiesty one he became. Told you it's act first, questions later."

"Not, helping. "Xavier said lowly and the wolf opened its mouth wider.

"Dad!" Came a startled yell, Xavier noticed how the wolf's ears twitched and its large head turned in the direction of the yell. Xavier thought it was his chance, slowly he crept backwards on his hands and knees, still looking at the wolf but that one movement was not unnoticed as the wolf turned back to him and snarled. "Ok, easy now, I'll stay." It huffed at him and Xavier heard the multiple footsteps of people approaching. He swallowed and felt himself relax, help had arrived.

"Dad! What are you doing? "Xavier watched the wolf and saw as it rolled it's eyes and huffed again. Faces peaked out from behind and Xavier found himself looking up at 3 very attractive strangers. There was a girl with hazel blue eyes which sparkled as they met his, her hair was long and a deep brown, she beamed down at him. There were two other males, one had yellowed blue eyes which was honestly a very pretty combination, it looked good on his chisled features, his hair blonde, he looked very much like the girl. The other boy, man, had gorgeous hazel green eyes and brown hair, he didn't offer a smile, instead he watched Xavier with obvious suspicion which made him squirm. He was obviously older.

"An intruder, ai? "The yellowed blue eyed boy said, wiggling his eyebrows." This is very curious, "He tapped his chin while emerging from behind the large wolf which Xavier concluded was their father." You're in biiiig trouble, my boy. "He held out his hand and the wolf backed away hesitantly. Xavier looked at the large hand and back to the handsome face and took it.

"So, what's your name?" The hazel green eyed boy asked, folding his arms over his chest. The girl giggled and bounced, she wore really short shorts, her legs seemed to go on for days.

"Xavier...Xavier Fay. "He said, happy that his voice didn't tremble.

"That's my brothers name!" the girl squealed and Xavier noticed the plants which were rapidly growing at her feet, they were twirling around her ankles.

"Is that supposed to happen? "I asked gesturing to her feet and she giggled.

"Sorry, that tends to happen." Xavier's mouth parted.

"Are you by any chance...a caster? "She beamed.

"I knew I wasn't wrong." The girl grabbed onto his elbow and hugged him.

"It took you soooo long! "She whined and Xavier blinked.

"What?" He was surprised, he didn't even know the girl but she spoke as if she had known he was coming, as though she had expected him for a very long time.

"I had a vision! You were in it, isn't that great." She laughed and her brothers groaned and the large wolf came with a huff, separating them as it nudged Xavier away from his daughter." I'm Danielle, by the way, "she tilted her head and motioned for the boys to introduce themselves.

"Claude," the hazel green eyed one said, he radiated strength and authority, "be lucky I didn't kill you, all thanks to fuzzy over there." He motioned for his sister.

"Thanks. "She laughed.

"Come on, time to meet everyone." Xavier felt relieved, at least he wouldn't be getting killed or anything.

"Trent. "The yellowed blue eyed said and Xavier gave a nod. He looked to the large wolf who growled lowly at him, Xavier dropped his eyes and heard the wolf huffed.

My mate doesn't seem to fond of you. Xavier heard the whispered words of Elijah as Danielle took him by the elbow and lead him to a place he never thought he'd set foot on in his life. Got that right. Xavier thought in answer.