CHAPTER 28√

Xavier

He was surprised he'd managed to get his mind off of last night as he held the book which had the answers he was looking for. He flushed as he glanced over at Cyrus who snored peacefully. He smiled lightly, he couldn't help feel so lucky to have him, it was overwhelming but welcomed. He turned his attention back to the journal which supposedly belonged to him. He was having a hard time accepting it. He flipped the book open and ready the first page.

I still cannot believe they want it documented. My life? On paper? It doesn't really make it easy to understand, although, out of all our stories, the hardest would have to be Elijah's so I guess I shouldn't complain much.

How does one really begin these things? With a hello? Or just straight to the point? My thoughts, have not always been concrete, but I could understand them so it was fine.

I looked away from the page and skimmed through before finding something interesting.

I never really thought myself worthy, I would have probably died out there, during the Trials of Passage . He saved me though, without him, I most probably would have lost myself. There is much need for a council for every species and each species has it done differently. Casters, we have it harder, the way I see it.

The Supreme council has chosen our tasks and monitors us, it was the hardest two months of my entire life. The way I see it, they should not be testing us, only Elijah should, him being a Caster and one of the oldest and all. So, I guess you wonder, 'what tasks?' well, the council, tested our endurance and commitment. It was different for every individual so I can't be specific. Sometimes it broke you or it made you, in some cases, it even killed you. That's why, the first two months were horrible.

Then, there was the final test, where your heart is put to the test and your loyalty is questioned, this is were Elijah came i-

"Xavier? "He jumped, the book falling to the ground. Xavier grabbed his chest and turned. Cyrus rubbed his eyelids and looked at him questioningly.

"Yeah?" He said hesitantly which of course put Cyrus on alert.

"What happened? "Xavier sighed.

"Nothing, I was just going through the journal." Cyrus crawled over to him in obvious interest as Xavier reached for the book with a wince.

"What did you find? "

"I was a very confused boy." Xavier joked.

"Tell me. "Cyrus begged and Xavier opened the book.

"Well, I wasn't finished, but I was reading about becoming part of the Caster's council, I guess."

"Oh, go on, then. "Cyrus said and peaked over his shoulder after planting a kiss.

in, I guess, looking back, his turn was harder because he used your past against you, to test you. I don't know much about the others just yet, but I can share my experience.

First, I had to relive the death of my mother, all over again, and this time, I was her killer.

"Oh, my god. "Cyrus said as Xavier simply stared, he gapped and continued reading.

The time my mother, Kendal, died, it was from a vampire named Marcel, he was power hungry and vengeful. He had found out about a certain Caster living among the panthers and born from a panther. He was after me and I was only 10 years old. She saved me from him and in turn lost her life, till the day, I am grateful for her love. At first, I wanted revenge and I got it. I killed every single vampire in his clan, it is what had me chosen for the Trials of Passage.