CHAPTER 24√

Xavier

Gabriel slept peacefully in the pack house. Xavier stood at the door, tired and somewhat relieved. He realised that it was over, all of it. Sure he might not have been able to really kill the specific person who killed his mother, but he had killed those part of it and that made a difference, at least now, hopefully, the remaining panther herd can live in peace, fearless of any threat. He could rest and hopefully live a normal life, even though he still missed his mother, he knew deep down that she was with him, always. Now however, he was curious. He turned away from Gabriel's sleeping figure and leaned against the wall. He wondered who exactly his father was and where he is and who had been the one to put thoughts in the vampires to kill his herd.

"Hey, you ok? "Xavier looked up to see Christian, his hazel eyes bright and angry but calm. Xavier gave a hesitant nod.

"Yeah, are you?" Christian looked at him for a moment and shook his head.

"We haven't found our dad yet, and Xavier is ignoring everyone. "Xavier frowned. He wanted to help but he wasn't sure how he'd do that. "Danielle is upset too, about our daddy. "Xavier kept himself from smiling as he heard Christian, the larger than life man say daddy.

"Is there anything I could do to help?" He asked.

"I was hoping you could talk to Danielle, she isn't opening her door though. " Xavier gave a nod and began to walk with him.

"Can I ask you something?" Xavier asked and Christian nodded. "Do you ever wonder...about your parents?" He asked, he knew it was a sensitive subject, but he couldn't help wonder, he knew that Elijah and Donovan had adopted him as their own, but he wanted to know if he ever thought of his real parents. Christian chuckled softly.

"Not really, Elijah and Donovan raised me as their own, it was easy to forget that I wasn't really theirs because it always felt as though they have always been mine, even Claude and the rest always treated me like their brother, they never seemed indifferent or rejected me. Yeah, at first when I found out, I hoped to know what happened to them but I didn't want to find them or anything. "Xavier gave a nod." Besides, they might not have wanted to leave me, but I guess it worked out well. "They reached Danielle's room which blasted music so loud, that her door was vibrating.

Xavier knocked on the door stupidly as there was no answer. He banged loudly and yelled her name but nothing. He huffed before stepping back, he held his hand in front of him and watched as a blue wave-like wind blew against the door and it banged open. He stepped inside, pointed his hand to the stereo and it clicked. He looked over at Danielle who hand her hair up and a scissor in her. She had already cut most her hair off and she held the last piece. She had tear stains over her cheeks and Xavier frowned as she cut the rest off. Xavier closed her door as she glared.

"What? "She asked angrily. " Don't you have somewhere better to be? "Xavier shook his head.

"So what's up?" Danielle looked offended.

"What's up? Really? " Xavier shrugged walking around in her suddenly dark room. Everything was black, gloomy and depressing."The man who gave birth to me barely looked at me or spoke a word and the best you can do is say 'what's up'? Seriously?" There was a boom and Xavier looked out the window as the sky turned gray.

"I'm sorry? "

"I don't want your sorry, Xavier. I want my daddy!" She cried. "I don't know why I'm crying." She sobbed as she grabbed her cut off hair. "I shouldn't be crying. I already know the story, I've heard his story but," She shook her head as she stood, the cut off hair in her hand. "I'm just a kid, I want my parents, is that so wrong?" She whispered as her hands caught flame, the fire wasn't red it was the colour of her hair. "They think I'm okay, that I'm happy and strong, that I understand, I don't want to understand. I want him with me." She fell to her knees and then leaned against her bed and Xavier listened, his heart breaking.