CHAPTER 6√

Xavier

Settling into the pack was easy enough as he was made to feel right at home, even if it felt far from home. Having met everyone, Xavier was well acquainted. He walked down the stairs with ease, trying to keep himself from thinking about his mother, ignoring the dull ache in his chest when he thought of the dinner he had last night with everyone, how family orientated it felt and how odd he was around their laughing faces and playful banter.

Xavier walked down the stairs with as much grace as he could muster. He was not used to stairs, all the huts in his herd were small and only had a single floor. Theodore was waiting for him down stairs with a smile.

"Morning, "Xavier said with a small timid smile.

"Good morning, Xavier. How did you sleep?" Theodore asked while wrapping an arm around his shoulder and leading him outside. Xavier looked around at the pack members who stood in perfect formation as though ready for battle.

"Fine, thank you, uhm... What are they doing? " He asked with confusion. He spotted Kathryn in the mix, her face blank and her body poised for attack.

"Training, they do it as often as possible, you never know when you might be ambushed by a pack of rogues or vampires or any of the natural enemies." Xavier gave a nod of understanding.

"Why is Kathryn the only girl? "He asked as he was lead around the large group into the woods.

"Girl has a goal, one she is very close to achieving. She wants to be the head warrior of our pack, she's the strongest most determined out of anyone else here, she insisted she train with the guys because she is good enough. " Theodore gave a loving smile." She's as stubborn as her father. She doesn't believe there is a need to train separate from the opposite sex, so she put herself there, and might I add, she has kicked every single one of their asses in one on one combat. "Xavier chuckled as the information about Kathryn  reminded him of his own stubborn mother.

They walked together in silence. Xavier looked down at each step the older man took and noticed how flowers just seemed to follow him, growing randomly and how he never steps on any of them, they swayed left to right as though dancing. Xavier smiled softly and shook his head at the amusing sight.

"Where are we going? "He asked finally as it seemed they would never get to where ever he was being lead.

"Well, seeing as you are not a wolf and every member of this pack is required to have some level of training," Theodore stopped and turned to him, "you are going to train, with the Caster's of this pack." Xavier blinked with wide eyes, he wasn't sure whether he should laugh, cry or jump for joy. He was elated, he would finally train and be as strong as his mother had wanted, he gazed up at the older man's smiling face. The fact that the man was just like him but stronger with more control gave him hope. He smiled brightly. "I take it you'd like that?"

"Very much, yes. "Theodore laughed just as sounds of voices were heard approaching. Xavier turned to see Travis, bright blue eyes and blond haired and grinning triumphantly followed by Danielle who was pouting furiously and someone he never thought he'd see again, Xavier with his violet coloured eyes and black hair looking almost as angry as the first time they had met.

"Alright, looks like we are all here. "Xavier watched as they all began to sit cross legged and he followed." First I'd like to say that an old friend has returned to us once again. " Xavier tilted his head and looked around, wondering who exactly he was talking about. There was silence as Theodore closed his eyes and the wind picked up.

"It's about time," Travis mumbled beside him and Xavier turned to look at him.

"What exactly are we waiting for? "Xavier asked him and he smirked.