CHAPTER 19√

Xavier

He should have seen it coming, but he didn't and he couldn't really be blamed, the future was never going to be his strongest area. He watched as they fell to their knees together and he could feel the pain which radiated from Cyrus and he hated himself for it. He knew it was only an illusion, it was good but he could see right through it. The chocolate skin toned girl stood with a smirk in all black, her glowing silver eyes fixed on him. Xavier narrowed his eyes at her.

He held his hands out in front of him and a ball of bright blue fire hurtled towards her at top speed. The girl smirked at him as the ball was near inches from her it stopped. Xavier gasped, his eyes wide as the ball sizzled into thin air. Xavier felt anger envelope him.

"Now that was not nice. "She chuckled deep within her throat, it sounded lush, seductive and enticing. It was like smooth chocolate running through Xavier's senses." If you want him to live through this, your going to do as I say, Xavier. "

"How do you know my name?" Xavier said, water began pooling at his feet and his hands were clench into fists, flames licking his clenched hands and up his arms.

"Which is more important? How I know your name? Or, the fact that I have the cure to bringing him back? "The girl looked down at Cyrus' body and Xavier scowled at her fiercely. "Which information do you long for the most?" Xavier felt the anger sizzling within him, the flames grew brighter, they were more blue than red and like him, the fire was angry." Tick, tock." She said with a smirk on her red lips.

"You poisoned him, why?" The girl stepped around Cyrus' limp body with grace and confidence.

"You keep asking questions, why not just make a deal and maybe then, I'll answer you. "Xavier cursed his curious nature and looked at the girl. Could he make the deal? What would the consequences be? And what could she possibly want from him? He just didn't get it.

"Please, just...give it to him." The girl smirked and the silver in her eyes vanished slowly, seeping into the centre and turning hazel.

"Now that wasn't so hard to say, now was it? " The girl lifted her palm up and from her skin a vial was produced, it rose slowly from her, glowing green and black. Xavier stared at it, then back to her face." Here, " She threw it at him and Xavier leaped forward, landing on his stomach on the ground to catch Cyrus' only hope. Xavier sat up, holding the warm vial in his hand.

"What do you want?" He asked, eyeing the fact that she was in between himself and Cyrus.

"I don't know yet, "She shrugged with a devious smile. Xavier furrowed his eyebrows in question. "I will contact you when I do, though." Xavier felt dread turn his blood cold as she smirked, her eyes becoming silver again, she laughed softly to herself. She rose her hand up and a cloak of black mist enveloped her, rising from her feet and covered her whole body before dispersing and she was gone. Xavier hadn't even got her name, he found himself worrying about what she would want from him? A young still in training Caster when she seemed to be powerful, more than him. He rushed over to Cyrus, choosing to ponder over the mysterious woman later, with someone who might know exactly who that was.

He cradled Cyrus' head in his hand, he looked up for any sign of the girl before staring down at Cyrus, who looked peaceful and tranquil, Xavier could feel his weak pulse between his fingers, he sighed in relief, it was weak and faint, but it was there. Xavier noted how handsome he was. He felt a flutter in his chest, a burning loathing was developing in him for the girl. He opened the vial and opened his pale looking lips, tipped the vial into his mouth and hoped to all that was good and merciful that the witch hadn't lied about it bringing him back.