CHAPTER 16√

Xavier

"Why can't I come with? "Xavier asked folding his arms over his chest and glaring up at the older man.

"You have school today." He said as though it explained everything.

"I can miss a day of school, nobody will notice."

"I will." Theodore said and walked around him. Xavier huffed.

"You are so very unfair. "Theodore smiled and turned to him, his hand on his stomach.

"I would appreciate it if you just took this in with grace." Theodore said, "you go to school, figure a few things out and when we get back we will visit Felicity." Xavier glared at him.

"Right, so I'm allowed to see Felicity with you but not the Council. "

"You are annoying me now." Theodore said with a wave of his hand. Winston appeared at his side, he growled and pulled Theodore to his chest. Xavier stepped back unconsciously but honestly, the bigger man scared him.

"Hey, has anyone seen dad? "Xavier turned to Claude who looked about ready to break down. Xavier couldn't help wonder when last he'd seen him. He shrugged and Claude's face fell.

"I'm sure he'll show up soon." Xavier couldn't help hear the lie in Winston's words. Claude seemed to see it too as his face turned red and a growl left him, it was loud and threatening. Xavier stepped back, suddenly wishing he'd already arrived at school. Claude closed his eyes and opened them again then ran out the door, bolting for the forest.

"The apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree. " Xavier turned to Synthia who was descending from the stairs, hair in a pony tail, clad in all black.

"You wear a lot of black." Xavier noted out loud and she smiled at him, Xavier's cheeks heated and she flashed red eyes at him and his brows rose. She didn't say anything to him while he simply stared.

"So, shall we? "Synthia said as Carrin jumped down the stairs with a snarl, her eyes gold. She fixed her eyes on Xavier who gave a nod in respect." She really likes you. "Synthia said to Xavier who smiled a small smile.

---------

"Hello."  Xavier looked up from his textbook and rolled his eyes as Cyrus took a seat beside him. The library was silent and it gave Xavier a sense of peace as he tried to distract himself from the meeting Theodore, Carrin, Synthia and Winston were having with the Supreme Council.

"You don't quit do you? "Xavier grumbled flipping the page.

"Well, considering that we have an assignment, I don't have a choice." He was serious and Xavier looked up, his eyes clashing against the turquoise gaze of Cyrus who raised a brow. "I figured you aren't much of a fan, so I have compiled a questionnaire, if you don't want to talk to me, fine, answer them as honestly as possible, I plan on getting an A." He gave a taunting smile and Xavier sat up.

"Well, this is a relief. "Xavier said going through the questions.

"I have mine already filled out, if there is any other questions you would like to ask, compile one and give it to me."

"Why? "Xavier found himself asking.

"Why what?"

"Why are you willing to do as I ask? "Cyrus smirked.

"Who said I'm doing as you asked?" Xavier blinked and narrowed his eyes.

"What is this about? "A bad feeling began to settle in his chest the more he looked at Cyrus. Xavier then looked down at the book Cyrus had put down. Cyrus Preston. He looked up at his turquoise eyes and black and blond hair.

"I think you know what this is about." Xavier was then painfully aware of the silence in the library, the emptiness of it too. Cyrus pointed to the page, the last question and Xavier's breath caught as he ready it. I know what you did. Xavier looked back at Cyrus who was blank then he felt something dig into his side as Cyrus leaned forward. "Now, you either co-operate, or I kill you."

Xavier froze, his eyes darting side to side, he looked down to see a black gun pressed against his side, it was then dug deeper into him. He was trying to figure out exactly what was meant by the little five words.

"Stand up. "Cyrus hissed.

"What exactly do you think I did?" Xavier found himself asking, his heart thrumming against his chest, he calmed his breathing and tried not to show his fear.

"Oh, I think you know. "Cyrus glared," now stand." Xavier did as he was told, trying to be as calm as possible.

"You have the wrong guy, Cyrus, I'm not who you think I am."

"I don't care who or what you are, all I know is that I have to get rid of you, OK, and I actually like you. "Cyrus sighed and Xavier paused. He wasn't sure how to do this, he wasn't sure how to make it clear to Cyrus that he wasn't the guy he was looking for.

"Cyrus, you need to understand. I am not the bad guy. I don't know what you were told but your information was wrong. You don't have to do this. "The anticipation was thick, it threatened to choke him but he swallowed, hoping he was convincing.

"I have a mission, you were the picture I was shown, I am only following orders."

"Who ever gave you this file was wrong, I'm not who you are looking for. "Xavier said pleadingly as they walked out into the hall.

"That's because I am." They froze and turned their heads, a tall man stood behind them, his eyes flashed and he bared his teeth, white and gleaming.

"Mr. Fillt. "Cyrus whispered. The gun moved away from Xavier who breathed a sigh of relief.

"I told you." Xavier said childishly and Cyrus glared at him.

"Shut up. For all I know you two are working together. "Cyrus said bringing the gun back to Xavier's back then bringing out another gun from his pocket, it was smaller than the one pressed against Xavier but he didn't doubt that it could do just as much damage. The man narrowed his dull brown eyes at them and Xavier was forced to see the same horrors he had seen a mere month or so ago.
Xavier only saw red as he felt the air around him hum. He noted that Cyrus stepped back on instinct. Xavier fixed his eyes on the thing that killed his entire herd, all the people he considered family even though they didn't appreciate his presence and most importantly, the one person who loved him unconditionally, his mother.

"Monster, "he whispered, his eyes changing to a bright blue, it echoed and as though the vampire felt it's weight, it fell to its knees, face scrunched up in pain. Xavier raised his hand slowly in a claw motion. He wasn't sure where it was coming from, all he knew was that he liked it, he had no intention of stopping, even if it would kill him.

"Oh my God. "Cyrus whispered as blood began to drip from the vampires face. It screamed a blood chilling screech, the hand Xavier had raised was slowly descending, it created the marks over the vampires face and then he narrowed his eyes.

"Burn." Flames rose from the ground, surrounding the already dead monster which ruined Xavier's life. He felt no satisfaction as the vampire screeched and wailed, trying to stop the fire with no real difference. He watched as it turned to ash and the flames disappeared. The pile of ash sat there harmlessly and he was filled with more anger. His need for revenge was not quenched however because he wanted those that suffered to be the same vampires that stole his mothers life and those that took away the only people he could truly believe to be his friends.

"What the hell are you? " Xavier turned to see the frightened but determined turquoise eyes of Cyrus staring at him with the gun raised.

"I guess you should be glad you were right," Xavier said instead as his eyes roamed over his stance which wata ready for battle. "We all have secrets, don't we?"