Sick Angel

Trinity

The angel struggles to his feet, still leaning against the wall. I quickly get to my feet and almost lose my balance immediately.

He laughs, "Harsh trip back, isn't it?" He says lowly and he sounds sick.

"Didn't have enough energy to keep me over there any longer?" I spit out and look around for a quick way out. A touch of anger flashes across his dark eyes.

"I am low on energy, but I'm sick with some Human illness." I stare at him and narrow my eyes.

"Angels can get sick?" I question and take a hesitant step back. He notices and stands up straight, ready to run after me if needed.

"Not when we still have connections to Heaven, but when we are grounded with no connection to Heaven anymore we have a high tolerance to all sicknesses. Whatever I have is sapping away my strength." He places his hand to his forehead. "That's why I pulled you out... Fix me." He commands and I stop backing up and straighten up.

"How am I going to do that? Why would I?" I question and he begins to approach me quickly.

"I won't kill you and all your friends, including that pesky Angel of Death." He threatens and his threat is serious.

"How am I going to 'fix' you?" I question and the threatening look in his eyes, disappear.

"The same way you would fix yourself when you are sick." He stares at me.

"You don't fix yourself... You get better." I whisper and he narrows his eyes slightly.

"Then make me better." He whispers harshly back.

"O-Okay..." I whisper back and he nods, a smirk grows onto his face.

"So what do I need to do?" He asks urgently then starts coughing into his elbow.

"Well, treatments vary. What are you sick with?" He looks confused.

"I don't know." He replies, I sigh and start to lift my hand to him. His eyes flicker to my hand and he grabs it, twisting it a way it's not suppose to go. "What do you think you're doing?" He growls and I pull my hand away from him.

"Checking your temperature... unless you have a thermometer?" I say and he stares down at me.

"A what?" He asks and I raise an eyebrow.

"Thought so." I raise my hand to his forehead, resting the back of it against his hot skin. Burning hot skin.

"So?" he questions, staring at me, waiting.

"High fever and a cough... How else do you feel? Nauseas? Sore Throat?" I ask.

"I'm sweating, does that count?" He questions and wipes sweat off his head. I remove my hand from his forehead.

"No, that's because of your high fever, anything else?" I ask.

"My throat is kind of itchy." He says and I nod thinking. "And my eyes are watering. I feel cold and my head kind of hurts." He complains about how he feels and I stare.

"Okay." I say and he waits.

"Okay? Make me better." He commands.

"Well, you should rest and drink a lot of fluids... Medicine will also help you feel better." I comment and he stares. He grabs my arm and begins to drag me toward a door. "Where are you taking me? What are you doing?" I ask and he opens the door, sunlight blinds me instantly.