Dependent

I wake up and am completely unable to move. It hurts too much to move. It's like there is burning hot lead in my veins instead of the blood that is supposed to be pumping through them. I can tell that I have a fever and the layer of sweat on my forehead and the back of my neck prove my thoughts. I can barely roll over to look for Dominic. He is laying on the other bed, facing away from me. I thought that Demons don't sleep... unless he isn't.

"Dominic..." His name comes out raspy and quiet, but he hears it and rolls over, looking at me. His eyes scan me before he gets up quickly and rushes to me. He lightly puts the back of his hand on my forehead. He pushes me onto my back and stabs the needle of the syringe into his arm. He pulls the plunger up all the way before pulling it out of his arm and roughly pushing it into mine. When he injects the blood into me, chills spread throughout my entire body and my vision darkens slightly before going bright. For a second, I'm not in the hotel room with Dominic anymore, I'm in a more modern hotel. I see Etheriel and Malachai, standing around the angel that got me into this mess. I see a brief image of Dominic, sitting in the corner, holding his head. It's only a few seconds before I am back in the original hotel room with Dominic, standing next to me.

"It's working..." I mumble, moving my arm which is still stiff.

"That's good." Dominic replies, putting the back of his hand on my forehead. "There should only be about two more injections then you should get brought back."

"When are we going to do the next injection?" I question quietly, slowly sitting up.

"Probably in an hour or so since your body seems to be starting to rely on it." Dominic sets the syringe on the side table. "I actually need to go do something, I'll be back before it's time to inject you again." Dominic grabs his jacket off of a chair and pulls it on.

"Okay... Bye..." I say quietly as he walks out of the room, shutting the door quietly behind him. I lie back down and roll over, looking out the window.

Etheriel

"She's become dependent on your blood..." Ziel mutters through a swollen lip.

"Dependent?" Dominic questions, standing up and walking over to Ziel, who is curled up on the floor, in pain, with a swollen lip, two black eyes, and a black and blue face along with several broken ribs and both of his legs are broken. "What do you mean?" Dominic crouches down and pokes a finger into one of his ribs.

"Her body is at the point where its needing your blood to function correctly, but it seems that soon she will be transformed into a demon, like you were, Asmodeus, except not the same." Ziel stops talking and I think he might have passed out, but his finger twitches before he shakily pushes Dominic's hand away.

"When is she going to be pulled back here?" Dominic asks quietly, but slightly threatening.

"You already gave her 35 milliliters... Should be the next one, if you give her five milliliters." He replies, mumbling.

"So soon?" Dominic questions, tilting his head and Ziel nods. I let out a quiet sigh, relieved that I will be getting her back soon.

Trinity

I toss and turn for an hour, waiting for Dominic to come back. I hear the lock on the door unlock and I turn, sitting up. He's fifteen minutes late and I feel achy all over. He shuts the door behind him and when he turns, walking further into the room, my heart stops. There is blood all over the front of his shirt. Dominic looks at me then quickly zips up his jacket.

"Whose blood is that?" I question, getting out of bed and walking a couple steps toward him.

"It doesn't matter." He runs a hand through his messy hair. At his sides, I notice that his hands are trembling. Did he hurt someone? Worse, Did he kill someone?