You Killed Him

"No!" I scream as Dominic jerks the knife out of Eli's chest and watches Eli turn and look at me. I use a passage to get to him and catch him as he falls forward. "Eli..." I whisper and tears well up in my eyes. He gives a pained lopsided smile and I collapse onto the floor with him in my arms. The air around his begins to pulsate, but I am too busy staring at him, trying not to cry.

"Eli..." I whisper and he shuts his eyes, in pain. The air pulsates rapidly around him and I recognize it as a heartbeat. His heartbeat. And then it stops. Eli doesn't move, his chest doesn't move. I choke out a sob and hold him tightly. He's already cold and pale. He's dead. Gone.

"Trinity..." My head shoots up and my tear filled eyes meet his. All I feel is hatred. I place Eli gently on the ground before standing up and facing Dominic.

"You killed him." I spit out and Dominic scans my face.

"It was for you. He was manipulating you." I shake my head at him and summon my Demon blade. His eyes flicker down to the knife in my hand. "You don't want to do this." He warns. I don't care if he kills me. I passage behind him and he immediately turns and grabs my hand in the air. I summon the knife into my other hand and go to stab him, but he shakes his head and grabs that hand too, twisting me around so he is holding my hands behind my back. I wrench my hands out of his and immediately lunge. His hand is on the side of my head and slams it against the bar. I blink rapidly and lunge again. He brings his knee up into my abdomen.

"Trinity, I'm so sorry." He pushes me back and watches me get more pissed. I use a passage to get behind him and effortlessly throw him over the bar and into all the glass bottles of alcohol. He laughs and gets back to his feet, jumping over the bar and coming toward me. I swipe the knife at him and he grabs my hand and snaps my wrist. I let out a short whimper as the knife crashes to the ground loudly. I bawl up my fist and swing around, landing on the side of his perfect face. He rubs the side of his face slightly before letting go of my hand and shoving me back. He disappears from my sight and suddenly I am thrown through the air and crash down on a weak wooden table which breaks under me. I painfully get to my feet and summon my Demon blade again, lunging at Dominic's heart. His fist closes around the blade and he grimaces a little in pain. He slams my head into the nearest table, over and over again. I stumble back, blinking away the black dots in my vision. My eyes land on Eli's dead body and it's like I am filled with energy again.

"Trinity, please stop this... Just come with me." He holds his hands out to me slightly. I shake my head and use a passage to get behind him, he turns and my fist meets his nose.

"Fuck you." I spit harshly, a tear escaping my eye.

"I'm sorry." He repeats and I throw another punch, hitting his jaw. He grabs my broken wrist and twists it, making the pain flare. He picks me up and slams me down onto the ground. The wind is knocked out of me and it takes me a little bit to get up. Before I can turn and face Dominic again, a chair crashes down on the back of my head and neck. My vision doubles as I collapse onto the ground. Before I can even try to get back up, Dominic pins me down, holding my hands behind my back and pushing my face into the hard floor.

"Please, give up." He whispers.

"No, you bastard!" I struggle underneath him. His hand slides up my scalp and grips my hair tightly. He slams my head into the ground again and again until everything goes black.

Etheriel

I wait impatiently for Dominic to come back. He said he was going to try and convince Trinity to come back with him. My hair stands on end and a passage opens near the door. Dominic exits holding a severely broken Trinity and I stand immediately. Her wrist is bent at a strange angle, broken and bruised, there is a gash on her forehead with a giant bruise surrounding it, and another swollen bruise on the other side of her head. Dominic doesn't look like he got off too easily though. He has a bruise on his jaw and a broken nose with blood trailing from it.