Inside Her Head

"What if she wakes up while you're in her head?" I ask Malachai, knowing that she's only asleep now because he is making sure that she can't build up enough energy to wake up and fight which she would.

"I'll continue to take her energy and transfer it to Ziel so we can continue to search her head without worrying that he'll run out of energy and pass out." Malachai explains.

"I don't like this..." Dominic mumbles from the corner he is pouting in.

"Too bad, it's our only option." Ziel chides and Dominic narrows his eyes at him.

"What's it going to look like in there?" Malachai questions.

"You won't know until we're in. It might change while we are in the middle of searching too." Ziel says his index finger and middle finger massaging Trinity's temples, but he isn't doing anything.

"What will her Humanity look like?" Malachai asks, trying to know what he is looking for exactly.

"It might be an item close to her or it might be her physical form. It will be hidden deep in her mind. In her mind, there will be separate versions of her; each version will be a different part of her. Her Angelic grace would have built walls to protect her Humanity from the Demonic energy. It's almost like an ever changing labyrinth. We have to be smart because it's going to be working against us." Ziel explains and I stare. How are they going to do this? Malachai reminds me of a kid and Ziel can't be trusted.

"Let me go with you guys." Dominic insists and we all look over at him, still in his corner.

"No." Ziel says and turns back to Trinity, looking down at her sleeping face.

"Why not?" Dominic questions testily.

"Because her mind is currently a fragile place and there doesn't need to be a Demon stomping around." Ziel replies, continuing to massage Trinity's temples.

"How fragile?" I ask and a glass on the nightstand next to Malachai explodes, raining glass shards everywhere.

"That fragile." Ziel replies and Malachai stares at the place the glass was sitting, wide eyed. I slowly look at Ziel. He is much stronger than he is letting on. If something happens in her mind, will Malachai be able to defend himself against Ziel? Yes... Yes he will. He is a Angel of Death, he is extremely strong. He has abilities that none of us know, that's why he was sent to Barzakh. He was a danger to Humans.

"Dominic, you can go, but no touching anything and do what they tell you." Ziel sighs quietly, staring down at Trinity who has a shard of glass resting on her shoulder. Dominic smiles and walks over to the bed, sitting cross-legged in the middle of the bed, next to Trinity.

"Etheriel. Nathan. Force your Angelic energy into her while Malachai pulls out the Demonic energy." I step forward and carefully pick up Trinity's hand, squeezing it slightly while I stare down at her. "Dominic and Malachai, close your eyes." Ziel closes his eyes and his hands slide down her face so her head is resting between his palms.

Dominic

I open my eyes and all look around. Ziel doesn't recognize where we are, but Malachai sure does, given away by his paling face.

"Purgatory..." Malachai mumbles and Ziel looks over at him, scanning him with critical eyes.

"This is a part of her mind?" I question and look around at the barren land around, sand filling my shoe.

"Just an illusion. We're not actually in Barzakh..." Ziel glances over at Malachai. He is catching on.

"Where do we go?" Malachai question and I look over at him, staring at me.