Gone

The knife is deep in Flora's chest, in her heart. She stumbles away from me, tripping on the dead body of the boy that Eli killed before Dominic got here. She reaches back, trying to reverse what I have just done to her. Pain courses through her and she begins to glow. Eli's smile grows as we watch Flora explode in a burst of light, leaving behind a pile of smoldering ash and a feather that slowly floats down to the ash. Dominic turns to me and takes a couple cautious steps toward me.

"Trinity, what are you doing? She would have helped you." I shake my head, rolling my eyes, getting annoyed.

"There's nothing wrong with me!" I shout and he flinches slightly. I walk around the counter and go back to Eli's side. Dominic's eyes shift to Eli and he clenches his fist.

"You ruined her." Dominic spits through gritted teeth and I lean against Eli, feeling drawn to him. Dominic's eyes flicker to me, noticing.

"I'm offended, I did no such thing! I just took her under my wing," I giggle and grab his hand, "and showed how to be a Demon, the basics." He wraps an arm around my shoulder and I continue to hold his hand.

"You're making her kill people! When she gets back to normal, that's going to tear her up inside. I bet that you want to see that though. You want to see us scramble to try and fix her? But you won't see anything because you'll be dead, in the pits of Hell or in Barzakh forever. I'm going to kill you." His threat his clear and I pull away from Eli, summoning the Demon blade. Dominic notices and eyes me, not wanting to fight me. Eli's arm pulls me back to him and his thumb begins to massage circles into my shoulder.

"Are you ready to go, Trinity?" Eli looks down at me and I look up at him. I nod, leaning into him.

"Wait! Trinity..." I frown and stare at him, unblinking, "Etheriel... He is so worried about you. He misses you so much. He's desperate to get you back. We are all so desperate. We care about you." He takes a step forward, avoiding the dead body on the floor. I narrow my eyes at him for a second before tilting my head.

"You can go tell him to go fuck himself." The words smoothly slide off my tongue and Eli laughs slightly, flames beginning to lick at our feet. Dominic's face falls and before he can say anything flames engulf both of us. As soon as we are standing in the middle of a football field, Eli spins me around and holds me to his chest, lightly pressing his lips to mine. His hands slide onto my waist and presses me against him.

"You're so sexy." He mumbles against my lips and I smile against his, pulling away and staring up at him. My smile slips.

"I'm going to kill him." I whisper and Eli's face is flooded with confusion.

"What?" He questions and I turn around, walking away before turning back and facing him.

"I'm going to kill Dominic." I repeat and he crosses his arms over his chest.

"You can't... You can't beat him. He may not be as good as me, but he is way better than you." Eli walks toward me.

"Then train me more, right here, right now." I put my hands on my hips. I will kill all of them. "I want to make you proud. I'll kill the source of our problems." I smile and summon my Demon blade. Eli tilts his head and looks at the blade in my hand.

"You've improved so much... Summoning flawlessly and using a passage." He tries to change the topic. "I'm proud of you." He cups my cheek and smiles down at me.

"Hey! You're not supposed to be here! This is school property." We turn and face the middle aged man approaching us fast, wearing worn blue jeans and a faded rock band shirt with a hole near the collar and another hole at the bottom of the shirt on the side. "I'll call the cops and you'll be fined." He calls and continues to approach. I tilt my head and I am standing behind the man in a blink of an eye. He turns, surprised.