Feeling Guilty

"Whatever you did in her head, did not work." Dominic has a slightly criticizing tone as he stares at Malachai. Malachai shifts, looking around the room at all of us, his eyes stopping on me.

"It was never supposed to be a fix. It only protected her soul and her humanity from the Demon part. Killing the main Demon part made the Demon within her weaken to a point that it's non-threatening to her soul." Malachai explains and leaves me slightly confused. What did he do in my head? Who did he kill? "There isn't anything that I know of that can completely reverse what you did to her." Malachai's tone lowers and he stares at the blank TV screen like there is something playing on it.

"I didn't do anything to her." Dominic shoots back.

"Trinity." I look from Dominic to Malachai who is now staring intently at me. "Who was it that injected you with his blood, over and over again?" Dominic narrows his eyes at Malachai, who continues to stare at me.

"I-It was Dominic." I whisper and Malachai's eyes move to Dominic without blinking. Something is off with Malachai...

"But that wasn't me. That was... heartless... me..." Dominic isn't sure how to explain it. He looks over at me, hoping that I will back him up. "Right?" I feel all eyes on me and I look around. I flash back to the hotel room and to that Dominic who was covered in blood and even threatened me.

"Yeah, it wasn't him... I mean it was, but it wasn't." I am about to try and explain more, but three rapid taps on the front door pulls everyone's attention toward the door. I stand up to answer the door, but Etheriel stands up and pulls me back as Dominic stands and slowly creeps toward the door, listening. Malachai stands and tilts his head slightly before turning and walking quickly to the door, yanking it open before Dominic can.

"Heeyy..." Two girls stand at the door wearing bikini tops and shorts with flip flops. "Our car broke down a little up the road, we were wondering if you could take a look at it and see if you could fix it." They show flirty smiles to Malachai, who knows absolutely nothing about cars. Etheriel sighs behind me and starts walking toward the door.

"I can help." He replies and the girls look past Malachai and smile widely at him. "I've been driving since a car was first invented." He comments quietly so the girls can't hear him.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you soo much!" One of the girl's blonde ponytail bobs as she jumps up and down slightly. They turn and start leading Etheriel down the gravel driveway and toward the road. Malachai slowly shuts the door and then turns to face Dominic and I.

"So she is stuck this way?" Dominic questions quietly and Malachai nods slowly, looking at me.

"I'm sorry... There's nothing I can do..." Malachai whispers quietly, looking and sounding guilty for some reason.

"It's fine, I'm fine. There isn't anything wrong with me like there was. See, I'm okay. I'm me." I say and Dominic turns and looks at me. "I can defend myself now. You don't have to follow me around, afraid that some crazy Demon or Angel will attack and kill me." Dominic shifts, looking unpleased by my train of thought. The front door opens suddenly and I think that it's strange that Etheriel is back so soon already until I see Nathan comes in instead.

"Hey, what's Etheriel doing? I saw him walking down the drive with two Human girls. They were being flirty and smiley." Nathan looks at every single one of us standing around the living room and shuts the door.

"Their car broke down out on the main road or something." Dominic responds and I catch Malachai staring at me so I give him a slight questioning look. Nathan nods and disappears into the kitchen, looking for something to eat.