Training

Trinity

"Just picture it clearly in your mind and imagine yourself holding it. What color is it? How heavy is it in your hand? How does it feel? What is it made out of?" Eli leans against a tree and watches me with a small smirk on his face. I close my eyes and picture the knife I was holding earlier. The black hilt and golden blade. The etchings in the blade. How light it was in my hand. I sit in silence, feeling Eli's eyes on me before sighing and opening my eyes to look at him.

"I can't do it." I pout and he leans away from the tree and walks over to me.

"Just concentrate." He speaks smoothly and quietly. I sigh again and close my eyes picturing the knife. I picture myself holding it in my hand. Eli sets his palm against my cheek and his thumb lightly strokes my skin. His hand slides down and his fingertips brush down my arm slowly. I open my eyes and stare up at him.

"I definitely can't concentrate now." I say quietly and glance down at his hand. His smile grows slightly larger.

"Sorry..." He trails off and removes his hand from my arm. "I won't do that anymore then." He stares down at me and I stare up at him. I crave to be touched by him.

"No, it's fine." I reach out and grab his hand. A smirk grows on his face. I bring his hand up to my face and place the back of it against my cheek, tilting my head toward his hand. He takes a step closer and I lean into his embrace.

"What are you picturing?" He mumbles quietly.

"Your Demon blood." I respond and I feel him nod.

"Try something simpler. Something that you have seen before a thousand times." He suggests and I try to think of what to summon. He laughs a little bit and I look up at him. "Don't over thing it... How about an apple?" He suggests and I nod, taking a step back and shutting my eyes. I hold up my hand flat and picture an apple in my hand. Red and round. A short stem. Shiny skin. Eli's lips press against mine and my hand slides up his chest.

"It takes some practice." He mumbles and pulls away. I frown and turn away, walking toward a tree. My feet crunch the snow as I walk.

"What else should I know?" I question and turn back to face him.

"Well, there's the obvious how to open and use a passage, but that's slightly more difficult than summoning objects and will use up a lot of your energy as a beginner." Eli approaches me again until he is standing close in front of me. His dark eyes stare down into mine curiously.

"Let's continue with the summoning." I reply quietly and he nods, holding out his hand flat.

"Imagine." He exhales loudly and closes his eyes. "Picture it clearly even the biggest details can help. After you get that part, materialize the object into real life." An apple appears in his hands in a small burst of fire. "Once you do it once, it gets easier each time until you can do it without even blinking." He brings the apple up to his mouth and takes a bite out of it. I quickly take the apple from his hands and examine it. "When you get this down, you can summon anything you want." Out from behind his back, he pulls out a huge bouquet of blood red roses. I stare, speechless.

"Now try the apple." He says and backs up, watching me while holding the bouquet at his side. I exhale loudly, over exaggerating and hold up my hand. I close my eyes and picture exactly what Dominic summoned, an apple. It's just an apple, don't over think it.

"Good job, now how about a whole apple." I open my eyes and in my hand is an apple with a bite taken out of it. I furrow my eyebrows together. I was picturing a whole apple, why did I get this?