7, yule ball

A/n: the dress on the picture is Selena's ball dress, I think it's really pretty and it fits the Slytherin colour theme kind of.

I sat in the Slytherin common room thinking about everything. My parents -what I would call- betrayal and my little kiss with Harry and, the whole engagement. Everything in my head was starting to feel too crowded. I lazily got up from my bed and walk towards the bathroom. I splash some water on my face thinking it might calm me down, but quickly decide a shower would help even more to take my mind off things.

I started running the water so it would have time to heat up before I stepped in. Just as I'm about to strip out of my clothes the door flung open, only to reveal a blond haired boy stepping inside.

"Have you ever heard of privacy?!" I asked frustrated as I realised that if he would have walked in a minute later I would've been fully nude.

"Sorry.. I should've knocked" Draco said as his gaze fell to the floor because he wouldn't dare to look at me.

"get out" I said sternly trying to keep my temper to a minimum and pointing frustrated at the door.

"Okay, okay, I'm leaving." He cried out and walked away closing the door after him.

In the shower I took my time shampooing my hair properly and just letting the warm water run over me. Heating up my overall stale and cold body. After I dried myself off I pulled a jumper over my head and walked out of the bathroom.
This only to see Malfoy sitting on my bed with a letter in his hands.

"When I said leave I meant my dorm not just my bathroom." I say jokingly and I couldn't help the little smile playing on my lips at the thought of Draco sitting out here waiting for me to return.

"Selena will you go to the Yule Ball with me?" He asks simply and I know I had no other choice but to accept the question

"Of course," I reply and to be honest it felt nice, I didn't feel too forced to say yes even though I knew I technically was. Even if I didn't have to I feel like having Draco ask me something would always result in a 'yes'.

Before he walked away he did something unexpected. He gently kissed my cheek. This boy, he may be easy on the eyes but he's a snake and can't be trusted, not until he's earned it.

Later that day I walked out of the common room to see if I could find Isaac running in the corridors somewhere. I wanted to ask him who he was planning on taking to the Yule Ball.
After looking for ages I decided that I would find him eventually but for now to go to the library to read. It was either that or go back to the common room.
After spending the last coupe of hours reading I headed back to the Slytherin common room.

———

It was the night of the Yule Ball. My mum had sent me the prettiest dress to wear, in a package a couple of days ago. It was a long light grey dress. It had beautiful detailing up by the chest and stomach, and then the skirt was really light and simple.
After checking multiple times that my makeup and hair was okay. I took one last look in the mirror before I went down towards the common room where Draco was waiting for me.

I saw him before he saw me. He was fiddling with the cufflinks of his suit and I must admit, he looked good. Or handsome is the better word and I would never admit this to anyone but I felt the tiny sensation of butterflies in my stomach by the thought of him going with me? Me of all people. He of course didn't have a choice either otherwise he would probably go with someone prettier. Maybe some girl the year above us, since I notice how some girls look at him.