13, three broomsticks

>> THREE BROOMSTICKS <<

A few days go by and I am working day in and day out on mine and Draco's Defence against the Dark Arts project. However after days of ending up doing by myself I decide to go find Draco, I will not do all of it myself if that's what he thinks.

I go to the library and surprisingly enough I find Draco by one of the tables in the back. He's sat by himself, playing with a quill between his fingers. I take a seat across from him and spread out my books over the table and start organising them. When I look up my eyes lock with Draco's who's already looking at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask and look back down whilst fiddling with the pages in one of my books.

"Because you're beautiful." Draco responds without hesitation and I start to chuckle.

"With all do respect Malfoy, you don't have to throw around compliments just because you're stuck with me. Thanks Malfoy but we have a project to do." I explain.

"I'm serious Selena! Not just because I'm forced to say things like that, you know better than anyone I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it" He snaps.

"Oh really? Is that why you've been following me around lately?" His face changes as soon as I mention it.

"How'd you know?"

"Draco you're terrible at following people, I saw you by the Black lake, at tryouts and in between classes. What's going on?" I ask and look at him concerned.

"Selena, terrible things will happen here, I can't say what because I don't know completely myself. I just want you to be safe. And one way to be sure that you are is to keep an eye on you myself." Draco explains and starts nervously flipping through a book.

"I have more important things to do!" Draco yells. He picks up his belongings and tries to storm out, but I follow him.

"I hope you don't expect me to do your side of this stupid project! Because I won't!" I yell as I follow him out into the empty corridor.

"Well I'm not doing it." Draco explains. I yank his arm and pull him towards me.

"I'm not going to let your lack of interest fail me Draco." I snap. I walk off leaving him behind me. We're not married yet however we're already fighting like an old couple.

I head back to my common room feeling too tired and annoyed to concentrate. On my way back, I run into Isaac who's wandering around the castle. His eyes are red and puffy, and I can tell he's been crying.

"Isaac what's the matter?" I ask worriedly as I drag his to the side of the hall. I take a quick look around and luckily no one else is near.
He looks up at me and drags me into the empty classroom behind the door we were standing next to.

"You can't tell anyone, okay?" He almost whispers since his voice is shaky.

"I swear I won't tell! C'mon Isaac you're my twin!" And then,

Isaac rolls up his sleeve.

He's been marked.
I gasp at the sight of the big black snake crawling up his arm. And as he starts sobbing again so do I. I hug him tightly. I remember when Jaxon got his, but Jaxon wasn't even near as upset about it. Then again Jaxon's in Slytherin and surrounds himself with other purebloods with the same ideals as him. Isaac's in Gryffindor. It probably felt more natural for Jaxon because he had been preparing for it, expecting it. Isaac however is going against everything that he and all of his friends believe in and fight for. It didn't even once cross my mind that Isaac would get one. And definitely not this early. He's only 16, he's just a child.