40, shock

A/n: Hello everyone!! As usual if you like the story so far let me know by giving me a vote or leaving me a comment. I love hearing your opinions!! Enjoy!

>> S H O C K <<

"How can you know for sure?" I ask overwhelmed with the big news. The healer walks over to a cabinet and pulls out a clear bottle.

"Have a sip of this, then spit it out in this solution" She explains and hands me the clear bottle, and then another one filled with a black liquid.

I take a sip from the first bottle, gargle it for a second, and then spit it out into the black bottle. The liquids blend together and make a baby blue colour. I look up at the healer and she's smiling at me.

"Congratulations. You're definitely pregnant."

I'm stunned, my thoughts are blurred together and I can't think straight. My vision is blurry for a second before my eyes focus on the blue water in the bottle. I want to say something but my tough feels heavy and I can't get a word out. I shake myself and wake from my trance. I look up in the healer who's smiling at me.

"Thank you. I should leave" I state and walk out slowly, feeling like I'm about to wake up and this is all a crazy dream.

I walk out of St. Mungo's emergency wing and sprint thought the rain all the way back to my current save place. The joke shop. Once I get to the end of Diagon Alley, George is standing outside the shop banging on the door harshly. He hears my footsteps and turns around to face me.

"Selena I've been banging the door for fifteen minutes, where were you?" George asks.

"Oh I was just running errands." I lie. I pull out my keys and unlock the door for us.
George walks over to the counter and counts the money, fills up on some stuff I didn't have time to do earlier.

"Is everything alright Selena? You seem a bit shaken up?" George asks worriedly.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. I'm just tired" I reply.

"Please I can always tell when you're lying. What's going on? What's the matter?" He asks concerned walking over to me.

I break down crying right there, and George wraps his arms around.

"What's the matter?" He asks worried as I cry into his shoulder.

"I'm pregnant." I reply shortly. George freezes and pull away a little to look me in the eyes.

"You're what?" He asks surprised and at a loss of words.

"I'm pregnant George. I'm having Draco Malfoy's baby." I explain breaking down even more for every word that leaves my lips.

"Does Draco know?" He asks.

"No.... Draco and I, are no longer an item." I answer looking down at my feet letting my tears create a puddle on the floor. George puts his finger under my chin and lifts my head up to look him in the eyes.

"It's going to be okay" He explains and wraps his arms tightly around me letting me cry into his chest, until I've calmed down.

"You take the rest of the week off. Do whatever you want. Now go up and get some sleep." George exclaims and then he kisses me on the forehead. He looks down on me once more.

"I love you okay." He states which makes me smile a little. Instead of saying it back I just nod as I make my way up the stairs. I didn't want to say it back because I saved my I love you's for Draco and now that he can't except them anymore. The words feels weird leaving my mouth.

I lie down in bed staring at the shipped ceiling. Letting reality sink in. I'm going to have a baby. Am I really ready to be a mother? I don't have a solid job and there is definitely not room for a baby in this loft.  I'm all alone with no one to help me either. I cry as I realise I have nothing to offer this baby. I cry for hours, until I finally manage to cry myself to sleep.

The next morning when I wake up I remember I had sent Hermione a letter a couple of days ago, asking her to meet up and have breakfast together. After lazily laying in bed staring at the ceiling for 10 minutes, I get dressed and fix my hair and check so I have keys and everything I need in my bag. Then I apparate to a small muggle cafe in London, where Hermione told us to meet.

I can see through the window that Hermione is sitting inside looking at the menu. I rush inside and run over to her wrapping my arms around her tightly.

"Selena how have you been?" Hermione asks excitedly as I sit down across from her.

"I've been okey" I lie. "And you?" I ask.

"Absolutely brilliant! Ron helped me find an apartment, and I have just been offered a job in the department of Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures." She explains then the waitress comes and we order our breakfast.

"How's the joke shop been so far?" Hermione asks sipping at her tea.

"It's been great! I love working with George. Actually Hermione something happened-"

"How's Draco doing?" She asks cutting me off.

"We broke up." I explain.

"What? Why?" Hermione wonders as the waitress comes and places our food on the table. I look up at her and smile as I mouth a thank you before she walks away.

"He had feelings for another girl" as quick the words leave my lips I start to wonder if that is really true. I don't actually know if he loves that other girl more than he loves me. But he kissed her.

"At least you guys didn't seal the deal you know" Hermione giggle but stops as she sees my facial expression.

"Selena? Don't tell me you-"

"I did." I whisper as I sip on my cup of hot tea.

"That's actually why I wanted to talk to you today. I need your advice."

"Advice about what?" Hermione asks worriedly.

"The outcome of that night." I explain as I lay a hand over my so far, flat stomach.

"I don't know what to say." Hermione states, and I know she's telling the truth by the look on her face.

"This isn't the biggest problem Selena you know that right?" Hermione explains pointing at my stomach.

"What do you mean? What's bigger than this?" I ask showing off my stomach.

"You need to tell the father." Hermione explains calmly.

"Oh." Is the only thing I can say.

"There's another thing Selena." Hermione explains.

"I've only worked at the ministry for a short while but I can hear them talking about Death Eaters going into hiding after the war. And if they find out you're carrying a Malfoy baby inside of you they are gonna want that baby dead as much as you want it alive. They're mad at Mr. Malfoy for leaving them when things got ruff during the war. They'll take out their revenge by taking his grandchild from him. I'm sure of it." Hermione explains worriedly.

A/n: I really hope you enjoyed this chapter of you did please leave a comment and let me know! Please vote for this story that gives me motivation to keep writhing or else it feels kind of hopeless

xoxo Wilma