39, taking time

A/n: sorry that this is a really short chapter but it is jammed packed with exciting stuff! Hope you enjoy the chapter and don't forget to comment.

>> TAKING TIME <<

A few days pass by, and running the shop is a lot of fun. I love helping the children find just the right thing to pull a prank on one of their older sibling. And keeping myself busy with customers takes my mind off things. Lately I keep getting sick all the time, mostly in the early mornings. I've started to worry about it so today after I close up I'm going to the doctors.

After working my ass off for a couple of hours, closing time is approaching. So I start to clean up some places in the store, when I hear the door open and close. When I hear the sound of high heels echo throughout the store. I put my duster down and walk out of my corner over to the open space in the middle of the store. I dust off my skirt.

"Sorry we were just closing-"

When I look up from my dirty skirt I am surprised to see Narcissa Malfoy standing there. She is exclaiming some love potions as I walk over to her.

"Narcissa?" I hesitantly ask as I put the loose pieces of hair behind my ear. Narcissa looks up at me sending me a weak smile.

"Selena, I need to talk to you. Why don't we go for some tea after you close up today?" She suggests politely.

"I already have plans. Why don't we just talk now?" I ask.

"Yes of course. That'll be fine." Narcissa states looking around the shop.

"What can I help you with?" I ask as I go behind the counter and counts the profits from today.

"Selena, Draco really regrets what he did-"

"Mrs. Malfoy with all due respect, you weren't there, you didn't see your son kissing another girl in front of his fiancé" I almost yell at her, feeling my tears well up.

"No maybe I didn't! But I know one thing and that is that you and my son belong together. We never thought it would work out neither did your parents or Draco's father. But look at what happened. I know for a fact that Draco has never been this happy in his entire life. That is all due to you. Draco wrote to me everyday after you two first got engaged about how worried he was that he was hurting you. The fact that you were forced to marry him, even though you didn't love him. It absolutely crushed him. He wished he could make you as happy as you deserved to be. Since then he always tried his best to always put you first." Narcissa explains and I can't hold back the tears anymore as I feel them burning down my cheeks. I look down at the counter closing my eyes shut trying to stop the tears from falling, but it is to no help. I quickly look up at Narcissas face, it looks like it's filled all the way to the brim with hope.

"Mrs Malfoy, if you're trying to get me and Draco back together-" I started but she cut me off.

"Selena, Draco is terribly sorry for what he did to you. His father is ashamed of him. Lucius thinks that Draco's love is a sign of weakness, and that his heartbreak is pathetic. He even hit Draco earlier today-"

"Is Draco alright?" I ask worriedly starting to panic slightly.

"Draco is a tough man. He can take physical pain. Lucius and I have always believed in different punishment methods. Draco is used to smacks from his father, but his heart ache is killing him. He won't leave his room anymore. He won't talk to anyone. He is having emotional breakdowns more and more often each day that passes by where he doesn't see you. Please just hear him out." Narcissa begs me. I think about what she said and place the money on the counter back in the cash register.

"When I saw Draco kissing Emma, I lost everything. I loved your son more than I have ever loved anything, and now I don't know what to believe anymore. It would take me a long time to forgive him for what he did. And I'm just not ready yet." I explain.

"I understand." Narcissa nods. She takes one last look at me straight in my eyes and I can see the sorrow in them. About her broken son who's ex fiancé won't forgive him. She truly does look genuinely sad. She turns around and walk out of the joke shop, leaving me feeling slightly guilty and once again I'm all alone with my head.

I lock the store up and then begin walking down Diagon Alley. I walk through the Leaky Cauldron and down the misty streets of London. I walk past a lot of Muggles before I finally reach the doctors office. It's only for witches and wizards, it's a branch of the St Mungo's Hospital. I look around double checking that there's no Muggles around before I whisper the spell I've been given, and then I walk trough the brick wall.

I enter a waiting room and sit there only for a few minutes. After that I'm called back into a tiny office. The healer comes in, she looks like she's not that much older than me. Maybe in her near twenties.

"Hi Ms. Hope what seems to be the problem?" She asks as she sits across from me.

"Well I've been getting loads of headaches and cramps that are absolutely horrid. Then everyday of this week, very early in the mornings I wake up vomiting." I explain and the healer looks at me.

"When was your last period?" The healer asks and I have to really think about it for a moment.

"A while ago, I don't really remember, why?" I explain.

"Have you been sexually active?" The healer asks.

"Around Christmas, why? What are you saying?" I ask already knowing the answer.

"Selena, you're pregnant."

A/n: say whaaaaaaat?!
Omg I am so excited!! I really hope you enjoyed this chapter and dont forget to nominate this story for the wattys this year!! and keep voting and commenting, love yallllll

xx