~12~

In route 

"I want to know, I want to know your abilites" Mest said "Mest-san, they're going to attack!" Wendy told him Loki runs towards them using his own power but they dodge and back away. "Of all the people, it's Mest and Wendy we get to fight with..." Loki started "I ain't holding back! Ice make... Hammer!" Gray yells Mest dodges and appears behind Gray "When did he..." Gray blocks and goes into hand combat with him "Power... Power of the Heavens! Roar of the Sky Dragon!"

Loki hands glow a bright gold and moves them a circle motion "Regulus, grant me the power!" both sides of magic collide "That's some force, all right..." "Ice make: Floor!" making Wendy slip and fall. Mest swing below Gray making him jump far away till Loki jumps in to punch him. Mest uses his power to appear behind but Loki using his magic to blind him while Gray is ready to fire his cannon. Sending Mest towards the rocks knocking him out leaveing Wendy to fight against both. 

"All that's left is Wendy! I ain't gonna hold back, either! Ultimate Secret Technique: Just eating pickled plums!" Gray yelled shoving plums into his mouth till he made a sour face. Making Wendy feel the same and pucker her lips tight. "I'm not even eating them, but just watching makes my mouth pucker up! Is this some kind of transmission magic? I can only run!" she said running the other way "Regulus at full brightness!" Loki shoves plums into his mouth and faces Wendy with a puckered up face. 

~Meanwhile Elfman fight~

Elsewhere, the pair of Evergreen and Elfman have engaged Mirajane. 

"She who strikes first wins! Stone Eyes!" Ever yelled removing her glasses "As long as I don't look you in the eyes, that magic doesn't work!"~spreading wings to fly~ "And can you dodge these while looking away? Fairy Machine Gun Leprechaun!" shooting mulitple magic but Mirajane hits her with her black magic once. Sending her flying backwards into a rock. "Evergreen! Neechan... You're serious about this , I see. Full body Take Over! Beast Soul!" running to punch her, she stops his attack with one hand.

 Looking straight into his eyes she back flips kicking him on the chin, him crashing into a rock near by. "The finishing blow." Mira said with her hand glowing a dark black with purple around. Then Ever gets infront of Elfman "Wait!" as is protecting him "I'll blow the both of you awy, Evergreen." "I'll tell you something you might want to know." 

~back to Wendy and Mest~

"Mest-san!" 

"I didn't realize those guys would be so strong..."

"Well, sure they're strong!"

"But, I'm going to follow in Mystogan's footsteps! I can't lose! Bring it on Gray, Loki! Huh???"

"Um... we lost"

"I didn't know that!"

"While you were unconscious, Gray-san and Loki-san went on ahead"

"Sot his year's no good, either?"

"It's because I wasn't any help...even thought Idecided yo try as hard as I could..." Wendy starts to cry her face in her hands

"well, it's okay. Anyway, you're not hurt?"

~Gray and Loki~

"Right on! We cleared the first test!" Gray fist in the air 

"Although if Natsu, for example, lost against Freed in the first test, I'd feel better about what's coming up. Well, Cana might be a tough one"

"Don't be a fool. There's no such thing as an easy path to becoming an S Class mage"

"I know, I know I was thinking we did well by beating Mest..."

"Speaking of which... was he always that weak? Putting Wendy aside.... I though he was stronger before"