~32~

"We won't let you lay a finger on Ikaruga-sama!" A gray-haired man yelled, whose name was Kei. The man jumped in surprised as his teammate, who was just behind him, fell backwards with Luna's foot stuck to his face. Luna landed behind Kei with her head hung low, a smirk present on her face

She tilted her head backwards and looked down at Kei, "Oh? You say that but she's already within my grasp" she stepped aside and Kei's eyes widened. There, Ikaruga stood, with Luna's gun aimed her.

Kei's eyes widened

"H-How did you... I thought you were...?" He stammered, his heart beating rapidly against his chest. Ikaruga gritted her teeth, one wrong move and her life would vanish

Luna raised a brow, her lips curling upwards, "You're wrong."

"But unfortunately," she closed her eyes and bended down, her leg raised up for a high kick, "You won't be able to see what comes after, such a celebration," she inhaled, "doesn't deserve to be witnessed by the like of you!"

CRACK! THUD!

Luna straightened her back and stuffed one hand in the pocket of her jeans,, the other flipping her hair over her shoulder. She looked behind her and smiled curtly, "I'll let you see your leader die before your very own eyes, just before you die as well"

The said woman raised her hand,

"STOP IT!"

Tears slid down Kei's cheeks as he watched Luna pull the trigger of her guns. Multiple bullets hit Ikaruga and the woman's eyes fluttered close, her body plummeting down

Kei clenched his jaw, "M-Mother..."

Luna blinked, "She's your what?"

A shadow casted over Kei's eyes and he gritted his teeth. He raised his head, a ferocious look on his face. He glared at Luna and bared his teeth, "She's my mother, you fucking bitch!" He ran forwards and pulled out a gun. He aimed it at Luna, "Die!"

"Oops!" Luna beamed and mover her head to the side, the bullet flying past her ear. She smiled cheerfully, "Yay! I dodged it!"

Kei gritted his teeth harder, "Why... are you so carefree?"

Luna's smile dropped and she stared at the man with a blank expression on her face.

"How can you act so cheerfully... when you've barely missed a bullet, when you've killed countless people..." Kei growled, "HOW?"

Luna's lips tightened into a straight line, "Everyone is after the item and I only exist to protect it. I care about the item more than I care about my own life. But if I care less about my life, then how will I be able to protect it? Kai parents are dead and they were the previous leaders of this gang. I was trained to be the successor after him, I do not want to fail"

"That's a pointless reason, Heartfilia!" Kei shouted, teeth grinding against each other, "What reason do you have to even kill my mother?"

"She was going to take away the item!"

"So? Are you that greedy?"

Luna inhaled sharply, trying to stay sal, she didn't want to snap or else she really might kill Kei- a friend who left her, "The item was given to me from his mother as a Christmas gift. I cannot just give it away"

Kei went silent and he stared at Luna who had a blank face, though, he could see the pain in her eyes. He may be her enemy now but he did become her friend so he saw through her facade, "Even so... you shouldn't have killed my mother. You could have negotiated with her," Kei said, choking on the last word, "Now... she's dead"