~36~

It's was finally the day of the ball. Zen and Haru stood beside her with Gajeel in front of her, as a bodyguard. The rest of the gang was scattered everywhere. She heard the soft music play from this distance, Kurohebi was in the crowd smirking not at her but to himself.

Lucy groaned, "This is frustrating. When will the ball start?"

"Soon, I think" Haru said "There are a few technical difficulties so they're still fixing it. Don't worry, I don't see any of the gangs acting rash. In fact, they're all behaving quite peacefully"

Lucy tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "Don't be so sure, we can't relax because they're behaving well. That could be their plan, they want us to lower our guard"

"Maybe" Zen shrugged "But then again, we're not sure so we'll do it half-half"

"Alright" Haru said "Half-half"

Lucy sighed, "Idiots"

"Welcome to my daughter's eighteenth birthday"

The blonde's ears perked and everyone turned their attention to a woman in her late thirties who stands by the alter. She has long dark brown hair and blue eyes.  She is wearing a light green strapless dress down to her ankles. The dress had a white ribbon around the torso. Around her neck was a diamond necklace that caught every gangster's eye

Lucy hummed, "It's like she wants the necklace stolen"

"Don't be like that" Zen reprimanded "She doesn't even know that there are gangs at her daughter's birthday party"

"I know, let's listen to what she's going to say"

"Thank you everyone for coming here, I am Elizabeth Rose the third. I don't know most of the people here, some are just friends of my daughter, Katherine Irene Rose"

Haru leaned to whisper in Lucy's ear "They have royal names, fit for heiresses"

"Sure but mine's longer to much for my liking" she whispered "Now listen"

"Hai"

"Katherine doesn't socialize much despite the hundreds of friends" Elizabeth laughed nervously "But we invited a few well known groups for her birthday"

Lucy sighed, "She didn't have to invite criminals to her daughter's birthday"

"It wasn't her fault that she didn't know" Haru shrugged

"Let's dance! Elizabeth finally announced

Lucy smirked as Haru bowed in front her "May I have this dance?"

"Sure" the blonde shrugged nonchalantly

Taking Haru's hand and letting him lead her to the dance floor. She placed her hand on his shoulder while he placed his on her waist, the other two hands intertwining with each other. They started to dance while keeping an eye on the gangs around the room.

"This isn't as easy as I thought it would be" Haru mumbled "Be careful, Lucy-sama"

"I'm always careful" she replied

Lucy saw someone run in the crowd and she narrowed her eyes. She heard Zen who was dancing with Victoria behind her, inhale sharply

"You saw that, didn't you?" Lucy mumbled "It's started"

Haru's lips curled in a coy smile and Zen merely chuckled

"Virgo" Lucy called out

The said women appeared behind her, body bent down in a bow. Lucy was spun by Haru once more to whisper in the pinette's ear "Keep an eye on Kurohebi gang for me"