Isaac - Car Crash

"Want to listen to music?" You asked Isaac as he drove down the highway.

"Nah," he said, yawning.

"Are you tired? I could drive," you offered.

"No, I'm good," he took his eyes off the road for a second to look at you. A second. That was it.

The truck hit you from the passenger's side. You closed your eyes and instinctively held your hands over your face. Your body jerked back against the seat, and forwards again. You had no idea what was happening to the car. You could be rolling. You could be sliding. You could be crushed.

You didn't notice that Isaac had unbuckled his seatbelt. He jumped into the passenger's seat and put his knees on either side of your legs. He wrapped his arms around you, shielding you as the glass broke.

The car had finally stopped moving. It was hard for you to tell; your head was spinning.

Isaac took his head back and looked down at you. Blood tricked down his mouth, and he smiled at you.

"Don't worry," he said, fainting sideways and falling back across the driver's seat.

"Isaac?" You said weakly. You looked at him to see shards of glass embedded in his back.

You tried to move over to help him, but couldn't. You were in too great of pain. You had hit your head against the glove compartment. Stray glass had found its way into your arm. One shallow shard was in the back of your neck. It certainly hurt, but you decided not to pull it out with the risk of hurting yourself.

"Isaac," you moaned again, but he didn't answer. Sirens went off in the distance.

You tried to move your arm to touch him, but pain blasted through it. It was definitely broken. You used your good arm to open the car door, and pushed it open with your leg. You let yourself fall out of the car and into the grass, groaning upon impact.

Your car had been forced off the highway and into a small field of grass. You saw the truck that had hit you, the driver climbing out woozily.

Two ambulances sped down the road and pulled up next to the scene. Three police cars followed it.

"Hey," a man and a lady came over to you as you lay on your stomach.

"What's your name?" The lady asked.

"[Y/N]," you said in a raspy voice.

"I'm Caroline and this is Tyler," the lady said.

"Where's it hurt?" Tyler asked.

"My head. My arm. My neck," you said. "How's Isaac?"

Tyler and Caroline didn't answer. Someone brought over a stretcher, and you were loaded onto it.

"Isaac," you said again. They put you into the ambulance. You could see people around the car, around Isaac.

The ambulance doors closed, and your view of Isaac was gone.

"What's happening?" You asked.

Tyler began to remove the glass from your arm. You winced as Caroline pulled out the shard in the back of your neck.

They set your arm when you arrived at the hospital. You continued to ask about Isaac, but it seemed as if everyone was evading your question.

Before any visitors arrived, the door to your room opened.

"Hey," Isaac smiled sheepishly.

"Isaac!" You yelled. "You're okay!"

"Well, yeah," he closed the door. "I healed."

"I never know with you," you got out of bed and hugged him.

"Should you be standing?" He asked.

"I'm fine," you sat back on the bed. "I just got scared. I thought you left me."

"How could I ever leave you?" Isaac sat down next to you.

You looked up at him and he smirked. He took your head in his hands, and kissed you on the lips.

"I love you," he said. "I could never leave you."