Derek - Let's All Go and Kill Peter

Derek had tried many methods in stopping you. He screamed that you were being irrational. He whispered that you needed to calm down. He told you that you were allowing yourself to be controlled by your emotions, but you wouldn't listen to any of that. You knew that you were letting your emotions get the best of you, but none of that mattered. Peter needed to die, and you needed to be the one to kill him.

You stared at the halfway burned down house, slowly building up your courage. You needed to do this. What Peter did was an atrocious act against humanity. It was an act against you.

You knew that he was inside, and probably watching you, just as you were watching him. You saw a shadow moving upstairs, and decided to make your move before he could make his.

Derek's words ran through your head as made your way over to the house.

[Y/N] Martin, if you do this, I don't think you'll ever come back.

You didn't know exactly what he had meant by that. He could have been trying to tell you that you were walking into a certain death, but maybe he was warning you that killing Peter would mean losing a part of yourself. You had never killed anyone before, not even a monster like Peter.

"Peter!" You yelled angrily, kicking down the door. You twirled a knife around in your hand, but you knew you wouldn't be needing it. This needed to be more personal. You wanted to shove your claws into his stomach and rip his intestines out.

"Well, you certainly know how to make an entrance," Peter appeared on the staircase.

"Get down here," you demanded.

He smirked and gave you a once over. His eyes stopped on your knife. "You think you're going to kill me with that?" He started to walk down.

"Nope," you threw it behind you, and Peter reached the first floor.

"You're just as dumb as your sister," he said.

You huffed and ran at him, but he moved to the side just as you attacked, and you fell onto the ground.

"This is just sad," Peter sighed, grabbing the back of your neck, pulling you up and throwing you into the wall.

You wanted to take time to regroup, but Peter was already in front of you. He flashed his claws and put them in front of your neck.

"Why'd you do it?" You asked, shaking. "Why'd you kill Lydia?"

"Because she was a threat."

Peter took his hand back, and prepared to slash you across the throat, but a figure appeared and grabbed him by the wrist. It was Derek.

"Nephew," Peter rolled his eyes. "I didn't expect to see you here."

Peter turned around in an attempt to surprise his nephew, but Derek overpowered him and threw him to the floor.

"We are going to walk out of here, and you are not going to follow us. You are going to leave town, and you are never coming back," Derek said.

"And if I don't leave?"

"I'll kill you myself."

Derek pushed up off of Peter and grabbed you by the arm, pulling you up.

"No," you tried to lunge at Peter, but Derek held you back, shoving you towards the door. "No!"

Peter stood up, and looked at you tauntingly.

"No! Derek, no! He killed Lydia!"

"I know," Derek said softly, guiding you out the door.

"Why did you come here?" You asked, tears streaming down your face.

"You were going to die," he said, using his keys to unlock his car. You climbed into the passenger seat.

"I could have killed him. You should have let me."

"No, [Y/N]," Derek snapped. "You weren't going to kill him. He was going to kill you. And if I hadn't shown up when I did, you wouldn't be alive. I realize that you might not care a whole lot about what happens to you right now, but I do. What would happen to me if you died? I'd be feeling the same way you do right now about Lydia, and I never want to feel that way."

"Der," you looked anywhere but at him. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," he sighed.

"No," you said. "It's not. What I put you through... it's not okay. It's just that... since Lydia died, it hasn't been the same. But you're the only constant thing I have in my life, and the last thing I want is to hurt you."

"I get it," Derek took your hand. "But you're going to feel better. I promise."

"Thank you, Derek. For everything."

"It's what I do," he leaned over and kissed your forehead, and then put the keys in the ignition and started the car.