Derek- Parallel Love Lines

Author's Note:
This was requested by unknowngirl_99. Requests are currently closed.
QOTD: Favorite Teen Wolf sophomore?
AOTD: Mason Hewitt

You sat with Boyd on the stairs while Derek beat up Erica and Isaac. You weren't interested in training with him. You weren't there to fight.

You were hardly listening as Derek was talking. You were too focused in on his beautiful abs. Boyd seemed to pick up on what you were thinking, and gave you an unamused look.

You did your best to look innocent, but were taken off guard when Erica jumped onto Derek and started making out with him. Your jaw, and Boyd's jaw, hit the floor as Derek kissed her back. By the time he finally pushed her off, you were fuming.

"That's the last time that happens," Derek said. "Now get out of here."

Derek's three other betas walked up the stairs and out of the abandoned subway station, because everything in Beacon Hills seemed to be abandoned. You remained sitting on the staircase.

"Are you deaf or just dumb?" Derek asked.

You didn't answer him. You stared into his eyes. He looked back into yours for a second, and quickly turned his head.

"Why are you still here?" He asked, only to receive more silence. "What, do you not talk now? Is that it?"

Truthfully, you weren't sure why you were still there. Normally, the second Derek told you to leave, you sprinted out the door. You never questioned anything he said or did. You were the obedient beta, and you didn't talk much around him anyway. You didn't know what to say. You were in love with him, and you didn't understand how.

"You've kissed her before," you told him. No part of your voice sounded inquisitive. It wasn't a question. You just knew. "Are you sleeping with her?"

"No, we're not sleeping together," he said. You listened in on his heartbeat. He wasn't lying.

You didn't respond. He looked like he didn't know what to do. He looked uncomfortable talking to you about Erica. Finally, he sighed and climbed up the stairs, sitting in the same spot that Boyd had been sitting.

"Why do you care?" He asked.

"I think Boyd likes her."

"I think you like me."

You sighed. "What would you do if I punched you in the face?"

"I would kill you."

"Darn it."

Derek looked up at nothing. "Erica likes Boyd."

"You like me."

He paused. "How did you know that?"

"Boyd told me."

"How did he know?"

"Erica told him."

"How did she know?"

"Probably the same way you know that I like you, and that Erica likes Boyd."

"I hate love squares."

"Well, we could have been parallel love lines."

"But I thought you and Boyd were just friends," Derek said, earning a dirty look. "That was a joke."

"This is confusing."

"Let me dumb it down for you."

Derek came so close to you that your foreheads were touching, and gently let his lips connect with yours. You froze, and then started to follow the movements of his lips, kissing him back.