4. Preparing

Thanks for reading,commenting, or voting or doing all three. I'm glad you are continuing to read this story.  

------------

Now how should we tell Danny. Seth thinks sitting in the kitchen sipping his coffee.

He had woken up too early. He even had breakfast prepared already. Usually, at this time Seth would be making sure Danny is awake although he doesn’t really need to. Danny seems to have a personal alarm. Always awake at the time he needs to be.

Wonder what he's thinking about. "Morning Seth." Karla greets as she walks toward the coffee pot.

"Morning Karla"

"Are you going to go check on Danny?"

"Yeah…" Seth responds not making a move to get up from the stool.

"Why are you up so early and ready to go?"

"Just thinking."

"What are thinking about?"

"Trying to figure out how we should tell Danny about your promotion." Karla face falls a little at that.

"Umm, I was thinking about that. We could go for a picnic on Saturday...after we can tell him here at home."

"Yeah, a day of fun should help…"

"I just don't want him to be angry or sad at me for moving…"

"He wouldn't be angry. He's too good at understanding. He will be upset though."

"We'll buy ice cream." Karla says smiling.

Seth chuckles, "yes, ice cream to the rescue." Getting off from the stool Seth says, "I'm going to check on Danny. Have a good day at work."

"Thanks and you too."

Walking into Danny’s room he see the bathroom's door slightly ajar.  Danny is already in the restroom brushing his teeth.

"Good morning, Danny!" Seth says cheerfully walking to the closet.

"Good morning Dad!"

"What do you want to wear? Superhero or sports?" Seth asks while getting a pair of jeans.

"Superhero!"

"Superhero it is." Seth confirms grabbing a Batman shirt. He then lays Danny’s clothes on his bed and sits on the bed.

Time does go by fast. It just feels like it was yesterday when I was dressing him. Now is helping him get his clothes ready and he's attending school, enjoying it, and making friends.