36. Definitely

I have to warn you all that the story has sadly come to an end; one more chapter after this one. It took me a little over a year to complete the story and I never really thought about it ending. I want to thank you all for reading, especially when there were long gaps in my updates and ya'll stuck around :). Thank you all! Now enjoy!

-----------------

“Danny, where are you?” Seth yells. Hearing no response he warns him, “stop hiding or no ice cream.”

“I’m behind you.” Danny says hugging him from behind. “And don’t take away my ice cream.”

Seth smiles. “I won’t anymore, since you came out of hiding.”

“You were supposed to come find me dad.”

“No, we’re not playing right now. Here Danny come sit before everyone starts arriving.”

They both take a seat in the living room.

“Danny remember that Kaiden is coming to meet you today. He’s nervous about meeting you, so he wanted to meet you today with everyone around. I’ll let you both spend some time together while we hang out in the background.”

“Yes, dad. Okay. Do you know if he likes playing soccer?”

Seth smiles, “yes, Danny. I’m sure he’ll play with you if you ask him. It would be a good idea to do something with him.”

“Okay, dad.”

Everyone does their best to make Kaiden feel welcome and there are plenty of opportunities for Danny and Kaiden to interact. Kaiden finds that everyone is easygoing and he can see how they’re all a family. He’s glad Danny is love by them all. He has nothing to worry about, Danny is really an accepting child.  Danny treats him as if he had known him all his life.

“Kaiden, do you have a girlfriend or boyfriend?”

“No, I used to have a girlfriend.”

“Do you have any brothers or sisters?”

“No, I’m an only child.”

“Me too.”

Nate smiles, “yes, I know. Would you like to have brothers or sisters?”

“Only if my dad wants to.”

That’s a very considerate answer. “That’s an unselfish thing to say, so what are some of your favorite things to do?”

“I like eating ice cream, playing soccer, eating chocolate blueberry pancakes, and doing things with my dad, aunt, uncles, and friends.”

“So you like ice cream too like Scarlett. I like playing soccer too and yes, I see. Your dad told me you all get together at least once a month to spend time together.”

“Yes, and sometimes we have a big game of soccer and also my grandparents come now that my dad knows who they are.”

“That’s great. It seems you all make a big happy family.”

“Yes! It’s always fun when everyone comes over.”

“Yes, I can imagine. When I was little my family would rarely spend time together, but when we did it was always fun.”

“So Kaiden are you coming to Nate’s birthday party?”

“Hmm, I don’t know.”

“You have to come! You can bring a friend if you want and you don’t have to bring him a gift. You just have to come.”